• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sam's now to be high light 20g

Added some Limnophilia aromatica and Pogostemon stelleta last night from Clive (cheers ;)) at the back of the tank, think I might still need one or perhaps two mid ground plants, if anyone has any ideas? Perhaps HM. And a few more crypts depending on how the ones I have do.

Sam

HM would look pretty good around the base of that wood, Sam. Regular trimming will keep it nice and lowish and dense, and the new growth is the best looking part of the plant. Amano`s HM always looks as if he has pruned it two or three days before photographing it.

It is also not the fastest growing stem in the world, which can be handy.

Dave.

Just thought I would log that I added a fourth Arcadia freshwater to the tank over the weekend, so that's 4x18w tubes. I have upped it to 9hrs and am running a midday burst method.

3hrs - 2 tubes
3hrs - 4 tubes (3WPG)
3hrs - 2 tubes

I have three ballasts and I guess I could simulate daylight more if I wanted to but not sure yet will see. The wiring in the cabinet is pretty mad already, so don't want to over complicate things if I needn't.

The New plants seem to be doing OK, the Ludwigia (I think it is) has become a lovely reddy brown under the decent light and CO2, which is nice, doubled in size in under a week.

Sam

Just thought I would add some new pics :)

The tank as it is now. Think I might need to prune things a bit soon, start getting it compact and bushy.

Frontresize.jpg

Fulltankresizecopy.jpg

This is what happens when you let L.repens get tall and go red and then you chop the top off and replant it. Quite a nice effect really.

LRresize1.jpg

LRresize2.jpg

Sam

That looks brilliant sam, your best yet IMO.
The L. repens is cool too.

I do hope that Ludwigia is the same species as mine because I'd love it to do that, unfortunately I'm not sure that my light is strong enough.

Re:

Luketendo said:
I do hope that Ludwigia is the same species as mine because I'd love it to do that, unfortunately I'm not sure that my light is strong enough.

Funnily enough, I just realised that it has... my light isn't has nice as yours and makes my tank a bit yellow.

Back