• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sam's now to be high light 20g

Themuleous said:
Thanks :) The plant is Sagittari natans (dwarf sagattaria) from greenline it gorws like a weed, TBH. Even it low light tanks!!

Sam

Excellent, thanks Sam :D

JOHNNY

Hi Sam, wow the tank looks really nice very healthy plants,i have just put some crypt-balansae into the left corner of my set up so i hope it does as well as yours,take care john. ps: hows the gold fish bowl setup doing.

There seems to be a few Sagitaria species that are known as "dwarf". I seem to remember S. subulata being one but the whole plant taxonomy area completely confuses me, more so than fish. I don't know if one plant is the same as another and the names been changed, or it's a different species. Hygrophila is another one - is that H. stricta, Nomaphila stricta or a variant of H. corymbosa? :rolleyes:

I grew a dwarf sag in my low tech 2' tank and it only grew (slowly) to about 2cm high. It was completely overshadowed by crypts though but it did spread.

Sams_Tank_orange.jpg

This is your best yet, Sam. It's very nice.

You can obviously grow plants very well, but with regards the aquascape, you can do better...

The sag looks very nice and healthy but, for me, it's looks too monotonous and large, along the entire foreground.

If you replaced it, especially around the front of the wood, with something more interesting, I think that would work better.

Think about transistions to the midground and background. Rocks can help to hide intentions too, especially around the wood base.

Mixing more plant species can work very well. Slower growing crypts, anubias and downoi etc. will give the 'scape more sustainability I'm sure you can blag plenty from TGB if budget is an issue?

With a little more work I would strongly consider entering this into the ADA and/or AGA.

Good luck!

George Farmer said:
Sams_Tank_orange.jpg

This is your best yet, Sam. It's very nice.

You can obviously grow plants very well, but with regards the aquascape, you can do better...

The sag looks very nice and healthy but, for me, it's looks too monotonous and large, along the entire foreground.

If you replaced it, especially around the front of the wood, with something more interesting, I think that would work better.

Think about transistions to the midground and background. Rocks can help to hide intentions too, especially around the wood base.

Mixing more plant species can work very well. Slower growing crypts, anubias and downoi etc. will give the 'scape more sustainability I'm sure you can blag plenty from TGB if budget is an issue?

With a little more work I would strongly consider entering this into the ADA and/or AGA.

Good luck!

Thanks George, that means a lot. You are of course right about the Sags, I knew they would probably be to big for the scape but I had them free and the rescape was a spur of the moment things on the way home from the Essex Ukaps meeting.

I have some crypts as midground but I got the wrong type and they are getting swamped by the sags so you cant really see them. I'll swap out the sags and see how it looks, I can always add some hardscape or different plants in. The downoi is an interesting idea, with a glosso carpet?

Don't think I'll be in time for the ADA, but I have a month I guess!

Sam

Back