• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sand forground critique

Mark Evans

Expert
ok im not looking for you like or dislike sand as a forground. what im looking for is whether it sloped enough. this is the 3rd attempt on the henge. i'll pick out the bits later. just need a yeh or neh

personally i reckon its enough.the henge is a mess due to work in progress. ;)

fef94085.jpg

0fad2f42.jpg

thanks folks

I personally don't like none level foregrounds, they just trouble me aesthetically. (Teapot kettle black I know but it's do as I say not as I do :twisted: ).

Henge has all the right features it just needs homing in, it's already cracking its just early days for a scape change, don't be too critical at this stage. :)

I think it's maybe a tiny bit too steep. When substrate is too steep i think it just takes away that sense of depth, whereas if it's just slightly sloped then that's perfect. Just make sure it's even and level though.

phew...at least adding sand is easier than taking away. there is a better pic on my journal with bits taken out. i'll pick the level up and make it straight horizontally tonight after work...yes work on a Sunday.

thanks everyone

Did you add pea gravel? Some of those little stones on the sand seem odd in relation to the seryu rocks.

Back