• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sand substrate

lstratton

Heya, its been a very long time since I have been on here, but nothing has been happening to my tank due to lack of funds. However I have just purchased a Clearseal 30x15x12" tank this weekend and would like to create something like the tank below which I believe was done in a 24" tank;
tank.png

My only problem is that I have dwarf cories and everywhere says that they need sand because they forage and graze their barbels on anything else. My question is, if I am supplying enough CO2 and ferts with the right lights, can I have just a sand substrate to grow the plants in or do I really need a specific planted substrate?

Thanks

I am about to set up a breeding tank for my corys and have sand substrate.
However my intent is not to grow plants and more of a grow out tank. I would imagine adding osmocote or some mulm from the filter media will help the sand.

What are you planning to grow? This will give an idea to other members if it is neccessary.

Back