• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sand Waterfall

baqua

Seedling
Hi,

I am trying to create a sand waterfall in my new aquascape, I have not been lucky with it :(

I am using the same principles as

But at my T the water is coming up. I have cut it at 45 degree, I also tried different angles and depth and all sorts of things, whatever I do the water is coming up from the T creating a volcano than a waterfall :( I have also adjusted the water pressure from the pump, still no luck.

Any tips to get it working?

It's not usually something associated with natural planted tanks or even diorama scapes these days.
But maybe some of the more technically minded members might be able to help.

I've not made it, but are you saying the sand is being pushed up out of the t peice, rather than flowing out of the top?

If so, sounds obvious but it's definitively the right way round? It looks like it's meant to 'guide' the water downwards and force it under the inlet so it should have the high side towards the front and the low side towards the back.

I'm guessing again but it could be you need to cut in a bit further to make sure the plate fully covers the inlet?

Might be worth taking a picture of what you have

Back