sanzon iwagumi

Discussion in 'Journals' started by samc, 14 Jul 2009.

1. samc

samc Member

hi all

since i have taken an interest in keeping crs and will be getting some soon, i thought i better rescape my nano as it wont be easy when full of shrimp, plus i was never happy with the old layout.

i decided on a simple sanzon iwagumi just using what i had and will be using the rest for my 60cm. After ripping out the parvula i didnt realise how much there was. i have 2 plates left on the windowsill. do you think they will be ok for a couple of weeks? anyway the specs

tank: aqua-one 320
    filter: eheim 2211
    lighting: 2x11w
    co2: pressurized
    ferts: easylife profito every other day
    plants: HC, E parvula, E acicularis

[​IMG]

bad images but cant really be helped :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

can also be view from the other side :D

the crs will be added after everything has settled down and when i get the money :lol:

2. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

wow, I'm impressed :D

you've even taken into consideration the fact that these things should be viewed from 2 directions. the stone placement is good too. :D

3. samc

samc Member

thanks mark :D

tbh not that much thought went into the scape and rock comp as the main stone was in the tank and had to do it and get the fish back in.

i did learn one thing though. shrimp like digging up hc when planted like this as you can see from the first pic! :lol:

4. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Looks great Sam :)

I think you'll be OK as long as you keep your pavula wet. Are you planning to use it? You could always pass it on, on the forums if you don't need it ;)

5. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

often a good way to scape....just go for it.

A valuable lesson ;)

6. samc

samc Member

its covered in clingfilm and got good condensation in there.

i need this for my 60cm you see. thats partly why i rescaped too, so that i have some for it as the only place i can seem to get it is tropica and for 3-4 pots worth aint gonna be cheap :D

7. rawr

rawr Member

Looking good! :)

I'm not sure that's the best way to store the Hairgrass - I would personally keep it in a jug or something full of water and do a daily water change (which will take two seconds) but that's jst me.

8. samc

samc Member

i still might put it in something else. it was just on them anyway from when i took it out :D

9. skinz180189

skinz180189 Member

I think this has some potential sam.

10. Vito

Vito Member

Really like the whole scape so far mate an cant wait for the HC to cover, watch the grasses they can take over the lot well at least thats what the've done to mine.

11. samc

samc Member

cheers mate :D i know what you mean with the hairgrass i put one pot in the one i rescaped to this and have about 4 times as much now after a couple of months

i have a vision of what i want it to look like but at this stage knowone can really see as the hairgass is level with the substrate :?

12. lljdma06

lljdma06 Member

Very good hardscape arrangement. It looks very good from multiple angles. :) I also like the substrate transition.