• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sao Miguel

ghostsword

This is my latest nano, named Sao Miguel.

São Miguel Island is nicknamed "The Green Island", is the largest and most populous island in the Portuguese Azores archipelago.

The tank is a 20cm cube, and it has Java Fern, Hygrophila Polyspherma, Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides, Java Moss and Cabomba Australis.

It is a mini jungle. :)

The light is a 11w Arcadia light, on for 8 hours, and it has 2bps using a TMC 100gram CO2 bottle and diffuser.

More photos on flickr.

5642901382_8a974aa739.jpg
DSC_1941 by GHOSTSWORD, on Flickr

Yeah, I need to move away from the jungles. After seeing your nano and Paulo's iwagumi I am buying two optiwhites to do more open spaces.

This small tank will go next week to a school so that kids can use it on habitat lessons. The first few weeks is about freshwater plants and how plants still manage to survive underwater, so it will be a good thing for the kids to look at.

I'm also doing a 50 liter low tech with mosses and ferns with some guppies and shrimp, with snails so that the kids see a difference co2 an ferts do.

ghostsword said:
It is a mini jungle. :)

It certainly is :)
You'd be hard pushed to cram more in there. Very nice :)

I hope you do the more open stuff and keep doing the jungles still.

Have you grown it on a mesh like before?

:)

Yep on a mesh, it was grown on the garden inside a John Lewis acrylic container. Took two weeks to fill up.

I cannot add more plants to it :) !

I need to do something more open to get out of my comfort zone, it is the only way to learn.

Luis mate, that is the definition of Jungle!! Haha. Its an instant scape aye. Looks good pal.

I like you weekly scapes haha.

Back