• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sat Feb 20th - trip to Living Waters + MA Morden (Surrey)

I was thinking I wouldn't be able to afford the travel but just found out I've had a refund on my phone bill from BT!? PM'd Gill to see if he still wants to go. Not sure about trains still.

SteveUK said:
I was thinking I wouldn't be able to afford the travel but just found out I've had a refund on my phone bill from BT!? PM'd Gill to see if he still wants to go. Not sure about trains still.

That would be good... It will be good to have a chat about the vivarium trip :)

Don't get me started on mosses or you won't get back to Coventry on the same day :lol:
Living Waters has a very good moss selection :thumbup:

I just spoke to Morden and they are now expecting us tomorrow.
I did not get to far asking about a discount as the manager was not on shift. No biggie, it is still a good LFS! I am wondering if they will have many shrimps in. Last time I saw a dark blue tiger shrimp which was the first time I have seen them in the flesh.

AS I just told Steve, I have spent my Fish Allowance on the Neoheterandria Elegans and Thai Micro Crabs. I was not going to miss those at the price i got them at.

George Farmer said:
Have fun guys!

Let me know if you see any nice angelfish...

From what I remember Living Waters had a few tanks with Angel fish in.

LWaters has chocolate gouramis as well when I was there last. nice fish!

Gill - the Neoheterandria Elegans look great. Sounds like you got a good price for them :thumbup:

Gearing up to try and make it. Just found that LondonMidland are doing a £10 travel all day on any LondonMidland service which should be pretty cool! Offer is only on for a few more days:

http://www.londonmidland.com/tickets-an ... t-escape?=

Just need to figure out times etc. Looks like an early start in the morning for me - 7:15 train! Will you guys wait at MA Morden for long? I *think* I can get there for 10am...

SteveUK said:
Gearing up to try and make it. Just found that LondonMidland are doing a £10 travel all day on any LondonMidland service which should be pretty cool! Offer is only on for a few more days:

http://www.londonmidland.com/tickets-an ... t-escape?=

Just need to figure out times etc. Looks like an early start in the morning for me - 7:15 train! Will you guys wait at MA Morden for long? I *think* I can get there for 10am...

Waiting at Morden should not be a problem. I will pm you my mobile number. then you can call me on the morning so we know when to expect you.

Cheers Matt. I'll PM Paulo about tube passes and the like. Really not a fan of the tube! I need to get from Euston to Morden somehow. I think I have to go via Vauxhall?? Which line is that?

SteveUK said:
Cheers Matt. I'll PM Paulo about tube passes and the like. Really not a fan of the tube! I need to get from Euston to Morden somehow. I think I have to go via Vauxhall?? Which line is that?

You can get one tube from Euston direct to Morden on the northern line (the black one, travelling southbound).
Should take up to 45min. ( http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk )

Buy a tube return from Euston to Morden unless you are planning on using any other public transport (e.g. mooching around London on the way back), in which case get a travelcard.

If Paulo tells you otherwise on routes go with what he says!

I hate tubes too, they make you feel like cattle. ...but often the quickest way to get around!
Once at Morden you will get a lift to Living Waters and back to Morden afterwards :thumbup:

If you are taking the train down I think you can also get one with travel card.
Might cost a little more but saves you having to go to the machines to queue up to buy one and find "Morden" :D

Have a look into this, else this will give you an idea on prices - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresandt ... /2911.aspx

Morden is Zone 4 so you will need a Zone 1-4 travel card and time should be around 45 mins from Euston to Morden. If you stay on Northern Line you wont need to change then.

Else if you feel adventurous go from Euston to Vauxhall and then jump back onto the Northern Line to Morden. However its only 10 mins difference and all this exludes waiting time.

There is no planned engineering from what I see on TFL so you are ok.

Looks like I'll be arriving at London Marylebone, as I really can't be bothered to get up and travel to Coventry first! I'd crash at my parents tonight, but would need to go home to Leamington first, then back to Coventry again.

I think I've got it worked out - Marylebone underground - Waterloo or Elephant and castle on the Bakerloo line. Switch to Northern line and head to Morden.

Glad you can make it Steve, I will be heading down the half your journey from Stockwell to Morden on the Tube, there is nothing wrong with the tube, I use it all the time, would not buy a car while living in Central London.

SteveUK said:
Quick question... Anyone got a 500g CO2 cylinder going spare that I could pinch tomorrow? Willing to pay (though, money is tight!) Figure, save on postage etc :)

Worth asking!
i've got an old jbl one.paint peeling off and no base/stand.i'll try to remember to bring it(memory's not that good :lol: ) and you can have a look.

Back