• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sat nav recommendations

John Starkey

Hi all,can anyone recommend a good sat nav with ease of use,quick route calculation,and good clear instructions,i dont want to spend more than £150/£200 tops,thanks regards john.

I have a tomtom XL, big screen, very easy to use and best of all cheap :D

Any Navman, check them on the net, they have excellent models in your price range

I always used Navman, most have the ability to upload europe maps, add on live traffic updates ect.

They're easy to use, large touch screen compared to something like a tomtom which tend to be really small but a bit impracticle.

Tom Tom "one" for me - plus the new iPhone baby! LOL

Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
I have a Palm TX (£100 ebay) with TomTom 6 software on it.. paired to a gps receiver (£20).
its amazing :) all the fun of a pocket PC and sat nav as well.
Yep use it the same way on my Windows Mobile phone, works pretty well, was usefull when I went on holidays to Europe!

tom tom 1. simple cheap and reliable. try and get it with "cameras" installed. shows you where all speed cameras are. i wouldnt be without it

dont buy traffic! its crap.

saintly said:
tom tom 1. simple cheap and reliable. try and get it with "cameras" installed. shows you where all speed cameras are. i wouldnt be without it
dont buy traffic! its crap.
If you don't have the cameras you can always PM me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wow guys thanks for all the replys,looks like i may be getting a TT one xl ,regards john

hi mate i'd suggest a garmin nuvi 250..these are the dogs.they were originally created for guiding ships at sea
so the manufacturers have massive experience with them,you can also find them for under £100.. and have
downloadable discs to update regularly.....

hope this helps......mark..

You'll do well with pretty much any that you chose, wouldn't bother with the new MP3 and computer inbuilt ones, a satnav is a satnav.

You might want to turn the sound down though if it's got that scary woman voice! :(

Tom Tom One. Think carefully about the XL version (or any large Sat Nav for that matter) - remember it will spend most of its time obscuring your vision.

I have absolutely no problem using or seeing the standard size. Bear in mind that a lot of the time you're just listening to the instruction with only the occasional glance at the screen.

spaldingaquatics said:
You'll do well with pretty much any that you chose, wouldn't bother with the new MP3 and computer inbuilt ones, a satnav is a satnav.

You might want to turn the sound down though if it's got that scary woman voice! :(

mine has a C3PO voice... he says master at the end of every line...

saves me having a slave.

HI all,i have purchased the tt one xl europe 22 so thanks for all the ideas it was much appreciated, i went for the large screen size because i am long sighted so the larger screen will help,regards john.

Back