• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saying hello

PaulD1970

Seedling
Hi all just saying hello as title, currently have a 5ft 600 litre with sump total just over 700 litres, it’s mainly South American cichlids and catfish and am slowly planting it up with easy grow low tech plants (anubias, Java fern,hygro, buce and salvinia), will take a bit of time and not looking the best just yet but will hopefully improve as time goes on, thanks Paul

Hi thanks I will when I get the chance it does need some more plants though

...easy grow low tech plants (anubias, Java fern,hygro, buce and salvinia)....

Do you find that the fish leave the Salvinia alone? I was wondering about putting some in my tank that has large Tetras that demolished the floating Amazon Frogbit that I put in.

Hi Kitbag everyone apart from the severum leaves them alone, I’ve never actually seen him eat them but the amount has reduced since I put them in and he’s partly vegetarian, he’s also taken bites out of some anubias but hasn’t eaten them, he will have to be moved out soon and replaced by another geo I think

Back