• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape Contest Comments

Would you enter the UKAPS Hardscape Challenge?

• Yes

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
Could be solved with a simple courtesy gesture, anybody participates with equal chances and honestly judged. Then if there is any question of the obvious conflict of interest in case of a winning AG employee or UKAPS Mod etc. etc. and for winning members outside the UK, then give yourself the obligation to organize a lottery for a or more UK members to win the price.

Even more participants, more fun, more scapes to gaze at and potentially more winners in the end.

A fair chance to win for everybody and receive the honour to go into the UKAPS annals as the scape contest winner! :clap:
And the AG voucher stays in the UK where it belongs... :thumbup:

Because it already is a courtesy matter we all dearly trust in, that this virtual contest, that can not be controlled, is fairly played and judged after all. :)

If someone was sent all the entries via pm and then created a thread with the entries and a voting poll, you could keep it all anonymous and open to everyone.

I know it was mentioned before that the winner could be decided with the amount of likes they received, so a voting poll wouldn't be any different if you were allowed more than one pic. I don't know how that would work with George, perhaps he could whittle it down to a top 3, 5 or something and then have a poll, or do it the other way around.

It seems a shame to not let the mods win for all the hard work they put in. I don't think the normal active members would begrudge any of them winning.

[QUOTE="mort, post: 594233, member: 14312"It seems a shame to not let the mods win for all the hard work they put in. I don't think the normal active members would begrudge any of them winning.[/QUOTE]

id be happy with this.

It seems a shame to not let the mods win for all the hard work they put in. I don't think the normal active members would begrudge any of them winning.

IDD, after all they are UKAPS members too

Thanks for your ideas guys. Really, I think we're all good. I don't want to complicate matters any more it'll just become unworkable and unmanageable.
Just have fun creating those wonderful hardscapes. It's you guys that will make this competition a success by taking part :)

Looks like a really good idea, I'll definitely enter.
Very generous AG donating the main prize and the website donating the second and third.

Has anyone managed to buy any hardscape/rock glue?
I've got hot glue and silicone but was looking for something a little stronger. Green Aqua uses 3561 SUPER ANCORA polyester paste but I couldn't find anyone who stocked this in the UK before we went into corvid lockdown

Deadline is "Entries must be submitted by 1200GMT, Sunday May 17th 2020"

I was stressing thinking this was today..!

...and the good news just keeps on coming @hogan53 has very generously donated a £50 Aquarium Gardens voucher for the scape with the most likes :)

So that's a total £250 in prizes. Hardscape Challenge 2020 is really hotting up. If you're not already working on your entry now would be a good time to start ;)

Just a reminder entries have to be posted here https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/ukaps-hardscape-challenge-2020.60515/ by 1200GMT, Sunday May 17th 2020

Wow @hogan53 thank you that kinda changes things cause those of us that dont get our butts into gear have less chance of getting the likes
Good point Jay. In order to level the playing field, although all entries must be posted by 1200GMT Sunday May 17th 2020, the @hogan53 Special UKAPS Prize will not be judged until the following Bank Holiday Monday, 1200GMT (Monday May 25th 2020). That means contestants will all get just over a week to gain likes once all entries are in for comparison.

Back