• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape Contest Comments

Would you enter the UKAPS Hardscape Challenge?

• Yes

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
Professional scapers have dashed my hopes a touch :)

@Ady34 scape looks cool. Out of curiosity, how many pieces of stone are used in it? Like main pieces.
Thanks, I would say three main stones, 2 others and 3 very small ones.
Cheerio,

Last edited:
Youve done a nice job making them seamless.
Takes a bit of turning and positioning to get stones to fit together to avoid seeing the joins and have the general striata running the same way :crazy:
You ideally need a lot of hardscape to choose from as I’m sure you know. I didn’t have enough really but got there in the end.
I also found scaping the tiny tank a challenge. It’s the smallest tank I’ve ever scaped and it’s harder to do than big tanks imo.

there in the end.
I also found scaping the tiny tank a challenge. It’s the smallest tank I’ve ever scaped and it’s harder to do than big tanks imo.
I agree small tanks and scale is hard
Your tank looks amazing though ady really.nice layout

I agree small tanks and scale is hard
Your tank looks amazing though ady really.nice layout
Thanks Jay,
Everything is just so much harder to do.....getting your hands and hardscape in them without ruining everything you’ve already done is a challenge in itself :lol:

A little of topic but this is a totaly diffrent use for ADA wave scissors
20200508_203750.jpg

A little of topic but this is a totaly diffrent use for ADA wave scissors
I think I've paid for worse haircuts.

On a separate note,
I'm still having fun with the rocks in my scaping box. Has anyone seen a really good youtube video or tutorial on root/woodwork (like the picture below)

Is it a case of chopping the redmoor root I have into smaller bits then moving the rocks around and trying to make them all fit and look natural? (I'm guessing a million times easier said than done)

More superglue?

PS I wish I had done the tank below.

Capturet.JPG

I think I've paid for worse haircuts.

On a separate note,
I'm still having fun with the rocks in my scaping box. Has anyone seen a really good youtube video or tutorial on root/woodwork (like the picture below)

Is it a case of chopping the redmoor root I have into smaller bits then moving the rocks around and trying to make them all fit and look natural? (I'm guessing a million times easier said than done)

More superglue?

PS I wish I had done the tank below.

View attachment 134638
Hi, that is a pretty cool looking tank but to achieve it you would need a lot of hardscape to choose from. You could chop up your redmoor root for the detailing areas, but having a large variety and choice of pieces initially is the key along with a lot of rock. It’s really just trial and error finding pieces that fit together, getting the larger pieces in first to form the main structure then refining and detailing areas as you go. It would take time to do, but obviously the amount and size of hardscape needed will depend on tank size.....the smaller the less expensive it will be, but the more fiddly it will become :D:(
Enjoy your scaping box :thumbup:

I can't seem to get my entries image to display 😬

Back