• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape corner

I don't think they particularly like high ferts,
Not going to put any ferts in the first 3 weeks just for that reason and because of my investment in the 5000 root tabs lol half of which are in the scape burried deep in the substrate
Although I know others on here grow it like a weed, so probably just something I'm doing wrong
I'd love to grow it like a weed so we must be doing something wrong

Ok so plant list as promised
2x 1_2 grow pots Micranthemum Monte Carlo
2x 1_2 grow pots Rotala Vietnam H'ra
1x 1_2 grow pot Littorella Uniflora
2x Cryptocoryne Pava
2x Rotala yoi yai
2x Bucephalandra sp Lamandau Mini Red
2x Anubias Pangolino
1x Utricularia Graminifolia

Last edited:
I just cant help my self the stone kept looking at me and I had a day off so a quick drive to wharf aquatics to pick up 18ltrs tropica soil and an oase foam
and the whole day later the rescape was done
20190906_144056.jpg
15678399247362683845748132859155.jpg

Last edited:
I just cant help my self the stone kept looking at me and I had a day off so a quick drive to wharf aquatics to pick up 18ltrs tropica soil and an oase foam
and the whole day later the rescape was done View attachment 127329 View attachment 127330

Gorgeous corner.
Do you have a picture of all three tanks?

Your scaping is very good and I love the colour choice for the plants.
Fantastic.

New scapes looking good mate, got to admit I did really like your old 800 layout but i get the need for change and a freshen up

what's your stocking lists like in each tank now after your new additions then? Embers look good as always

what's your stocking lists like in each tank now after your new additions then? Embers look good as always
No new live stock as of yet mate just moved the harlequins to the 60 and the gold ring danios back to the 80 and shared the shrimp between the 3 thought the shrimps would be ok in the 45p but the lil sh*ts have pulled the UG up lol the first time it's not all melted lol

No new live stock as of yet mate just moved the harlequins to the 60 and the gold ring danios back to the 80 and shared the shrimp between the 3 thought the shrimps would be ok in the 45p but the lil sh*ts have pulled the UG up lol the first time it's not all melted lol

Haha typical just as you're getting somewhere eh!

Reason I thought you had new additions as I read back a couple of pages and forgot to check it was July you added a few more :banghead::lol:

Inspiring updates :wideyed:

Definitely time to trim that glosso (I always fail at trimming - too painful to cut :lol: )

Well there’s enough area that you can play with heights - and find your preference :)

I’d divide the tank into 3 zones - assuming this is the first trim, consider that for density you need to trim, once you’re happy with the density, you can allow some areas more height
Note that if your light is closer to “threshold” rather than “excess”, light shading will have more of an effect

One of my all time favourite scapes

Mark Evans

120 x 55 x 55 Journal

- plant map shown in photo page 5
Though there are some changes as scape progresses

(note the glosso development)

Back