• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape corner

Couldnt help my self just felt 10 more making it 40 kubotai would finish the stocking on the 800 all shrimp moved from the 60p making about 120 in there now will show a pic when they colour up

So the 60p is rescaped again I had just used plants from the previous scape and they wasnt right the glosso was too big and I didnt love it so ripped down and started again
20200218_122225.jpg
20200218_122250.jpg
this one I'm again going to try and make low maintenance not 100% but much lower than previous scapes
PLANT LIST
Hydrocotyle tripartita 'Japan' Tropica 1pot
Hygrophila pinnatifida 6 pots
ANUBIAS NANA BONSAI 4 pots
Anubias nana Paxing 2 pots
Anubias mini mini 3 pots
Anubias Nana Mini 2 pots
Cryptocoryne Flamingo 3 pots
Bucephalandra Theia 3 pots
Juncus Repens 3 pots
Plagiomnium cf. Affine (Pearl Moss) 2 pots
Mini Christmas moss loads from Steve

As you can see from the list lots of slow growers
And very few back ground plants just to fill out heavy points at the back going to plant heavy to try and cut down on start up issues
The Hygrophila pinnatifida will be the main plant but want to.try and keep.it small and lowish

Not 100% sure this is the final hardscape going to have another play today before I start to glue and tie woods and rock
Thanks for looking any input welcome.

Last edited:
Jay, I think you have a serious recape addiction :lol: How on earth do you find the time!?

I love how this is looking so far... and that's a great plant list. Excited to see how this one progresses. Keep posting up lots of pics

If you're still playing... how does the piece on the right look if you turned it round to face the other way? Assuming that's two pieces

I like the hardscape should look good, great plant list aswel so be watching this one

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree.
Kinda meant with all the branches facing the same direction, but now you've moved them I don't think that'll work either..

What about same position with the right piece elevated in the left side...
Does that make sense???

Some times less is more
20200219_143122.jpg
went in to the garden and pulled out the woods I already have it's always a lot more than you think lol

Josh Sim once asked Fukada what was his secret for winning and being in the top 10 for years at ialpc.
Fukada’s answer was simple: Shadow.

OP, I like what you did with the wood in this last pic. Quite a nice shadow down by the wood base. If anything, you can tilt it a little more towards the front .
If it pulls forward and wants to fall on the front glass , tie a fishing line to one of the branches and pull it towards the back glass.
Tape it up, pour the soil around, wet it, push it down etc to hold the wood in place then remove the fishing line. This Ofcourse if it doesn’t interfere with maintenance too much by blocking access to the front of the tank.

Back