• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape Environment

Greef

Seedling
Hi all,

I'm harmlessly intrigued and curious by what types of aquascapes we all do. It appears to me there're 2 common types, these are:

1) Landscape Aquascape.
These are the tanks that look like natures landscapes E.g Flies the dragon & Mountain scape. Both top award winning aquascapes. The fish are then chosen to suit the look. These scapes look great.

2) Environment Aquascapes.
Then there's the ones which are designed around the fish. The plants and rocks are chosen what would naturally be found in an area of a real river/stream. The fishes natural environment. These too, are great scapes.

Which is your prefered scape type to do?

Is aquascaping more about stunning natuarl landscapes found out side of water or stunning environments the fish come from?

I lean towards the Landscape Aquascape personally.

Kind Regards

Greef

I like your description 'Environment aquascape' and I guess that's where I sit.

I prefer the 'natural look' to the 'nature' look. I prefer my scape to look like it 'belongs' under water and is not a flooded landscape :)

Fish seem to absolutely love it too!!! My Corys are currently spawning every 4 days :)

AC

Back