• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Scape vote!

Which scape is stronger?

• Scape one with the individual branches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scape two, the out the top redmore scape

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Garuf

which scape do people think is going to end up being the strongest?

If you vote scape 2 what can I do to improve it?

in the red corner, scape one.
cubelf3.png

and in the blue, scape two.
woodroughig6.png

The first one for me mate.
In the first tank you have got the wood and rocks working together and then in the second one you seem to have "plonked" a piece of wood between some well placed rocks IMO. I'm sorry if that sounds horrible but i don't know how else to put it.

Don't worry at all, keep the comments coming, my intentions on scape 2 was to have the wood appear to be growing in a way which interacted with the rock's, I was aiming for it to look as though the wood had become lodged there or had grown.
I do see why you prefer scape one though.

I also agree with Dan, the arrangement in scape 1 looks more natural and the wood and rocks interact with each other and seem to complement each other in my view.

I prefer the second one. A tree growing out of a mountain looks strange to my unartistic eyes (that got a B in Art GCSE and C in Graphic Design GCSE!!)

(Not that GCSEs mean anything. lol)

Andy

MY POINT EXACTLY!
I wanted scape 2 to be more natural like the wood had become waterlogged and this was its resting place, obviously it's not as aesthetically successful but that's just how it does sometimes.

Definitely a case of different folks different strokes, I prefer the second one.

I would plant HC in the foreground in front of the hairgrass you have drawn in, and would move the wood slightly to the RHS but keeping it in its same shape/position, more like sliding it around towards the glass on the RHS of the tank, if that makes sense.

Just my 02 cent :)

As that famous aquascaper George Farmer once said "everyones an expert right" :lol:

thank you zig, I haven't a clue what you mean by moving it, I'm a visual person, could you do a diagram? :oops:

I already have the hc planted and growing in this is an emersed tank, it just doesn't show up very well in the picture.

Sorry man not a diagram type of guy :lol:

Is swivel a better word to use, as in swivel the wood around a bit, but on second look its probably fine as it is.

I prefer the second one aswell, it looks more natural and aesthetically more pleasing on the eye, especially the protruding piece at the front, a good focal point.

Back