• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sea of Ferns - Tank Closed

TBH Water appears clearer and algae growth has slowed down, So there is a difference.
Had it set to Plants since install.

Rescape day today, have an idea just need to see how it will work.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Quick pic echi flower stalk
f380d14e0c16c175b775681fdf7f2bca.jpg
8503f7c2507ed6557de2dbd2694a4f28.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Ok So went to Deans this morning to get supplies. How I did not walk out of there without fish I do not know. As he had in Loads of fish I wanted. Just the Hasboras Corys were hard to Leave. And he had Marbled Lizards, which I have not seen since 2001.
So After lots of pondering and walking away from the free 10Kg+ of Seiryu Stone(came in with a used tank).
I decided on Lots of Crypts = 6 Pots:
Petchi
Amicorum
Bollusa
Wendtii Green
Undulatus Kasselman
Nevelli

And 1 Small Bag of Unipac Limpopo Black Sand. Needed this to plant into, as no banked substrate.

1 pm back at home started to prepare the wood I wanted to use by baking it in the Oven for 40 Mins on Low. Selected a Nice Long peice that diagonally reaches corner to corner.
Pulled out all the Plants I was going to reuse. and Separated them all out.
The Bolbitis I seperated out into several plantlets. And Attached them to the wood once Cooled with zip ties.
Also attached A lot of mixed moss and pelia and hydrocotyle trip, Again using zip ties.
And then an Idea struck me. I have wanted to try having moss domes, And was not going to pay the retail price for them. So I set about hacking apart the little baskets that the crypts came in.
Put some moss into each one and then using the clay disk, zip tied this to the pot to weigh it down. And I have moss domes for free. Managed to make 10 of them, as had some old pots aswell.
Will see how they go in the scape.
I do like the Limpopo Sand, and goes well with the Dennerle stones. And there was no cloudiness from it, which was good.

So once all the peices were in place, set about planting everything at around 4, which took 1 hour. As kept changing my mind mid plant about where things should go, and adding more moss etc to the wood.
Now I did not have a scape as such in mind, it was just how it came to be placing stuff. I did want the crypts all planted around the base of the wood. And still kept the Echis, Split them up and replanted towards the back corners behind the wood, being careful not to damage the flower stalk.
I have used a smaller root burl to hide the inlet for the External, as it was standing out too much.
On a plus the culled shrimp seem to be doing well, And Got 5 in with the Crypts so a nice little extra.

Will take some pix tonight once it gets dark and no glare.
Just finished and Knackered, Ibuprofen and an Icecold Pepsi Max is in order.

Added some SAE to the algae crew, hopefully they can tackle this thread algae nuisance.

How many fishes do you keep in that tank? Thanks
Mmm

8 rams
3 pearl gourami others moved to a breeding tank
3 elegans Cory
3 pygmy Cory
5 glass cats
10 guppies
Flame gourami pair
40 cardinals
5 sae
5 super red longfin plecs
Countless ramshorns
A few amano
A few cherry shrimp, culls

I think that's it

Mmm

8 rams
3 pearl gourami others moved to a breeding tank
3 elegans Cory
3 pygmy Cory
5 glass cats
10 guppies
Flame gourami pair
40 cardinals
5 sae
5 super red longfin plecs
Countless ramshorns
A few amano
A few cherry shrimp, culls

I think that's it

Well, that might explain your algae problems...your tank is way overstocked.

Well, that might explain your algae problems...your tank is way overstocked.

Just for fun I've put the stocking into aqadvisor 230%, even if aqadvisor is not accurate this is so wrong and there are sooooo many warnings about incompatibilities.
I agree in 100% - this is the reason for algae.

What happened to the doryichthys martensii?

Back