Product Review Seachem Flourish fertilizers

Discussion in 'Aquarium Fert Dosing' started by PhantomNorth, 10 Nov 2019.

1. PhantomNorth

PhantomNorth Newly Registered

Hi guys,

Anyone use the line of ferilozers of seachem?

I just bought the entire line including Flourish tabs.

Can give me a hint how to use? Should i use Flourish and trace in the same time? Should i use advanced too?

Enviado do meu SM-A505FN através do Tapatalk

2. Siege

Siege Member

07A9E0F8-15A7-44CE-B18E-54564E3377A5.png I use flourish as my micro ferts combined with EI macro.

Felipe Oliveira did a good video of it on his YouTube. Below is a screenshot of his dosing method, note he uses loads of root tabs to make the substrate super rich to get it to work how he wants it.

3. PhantomNorth

Yes, I saw this video.

And it was for watching the video, and for admiring Filipe Oliveira that I bought the whole line of Seachem.

I was able to see that Seachem also has its own fertilization guide, but it is very different from Filipe for example.

So I would also like to have your opinion about this line of fertilizers and how they use it.

4. jaypeecee

jaypeecee Member

Hi @PhantomNorth

Yes, I have several Seachem Flourish fertilizers. So, the video was helpful and, no doubt, I will re-visit it from time to time. What dosing regime do you follow? Are you using CO2 injection? Could you please point me to the Seachem fertilization guide?

JPC

5. Thumper

Thumper Member

Thats pretty much the most expensive water you could buy. Why dont you buy more concentrated fertz or DIY?

sparkyweasel and dw1305 like this.
  6. jaypeecee

jaypeecee Member

Hi @Thumper

I am fully aware that it's expensive 'water'. But, I have so many interesting projects on the go that (sometimes) I don't have the time to make up all my ferts. Therefore, I consider my time more valuable than saving a few quid on ferts. Having said that, perhaps you'd like to suggest some suppliers of concentrated ferts? Thanks.

JPC

7. Thumper

Thumper Member

Sure. Dennerle V30 S7 E15 or the whole Aqua Rebell lineup would be my choice. Source.

8. jaypeecee

jaypeecee Member

Hi @Thumper

Thanks a lot. I have looked at those products before and they certainly do look interesting. Have you ever used the Dennerle Dosator?

JPC

9. Thumper

Thumper Member

No, i'll just dose 3 days a week manually

10. PhantomNorth

Hi,

After 2 weeks of using the Seachem line, I confess that I did not like or have the patience to be dosing all that. That's why I bought Aquasabi fertilizers with good results.