• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Seachem Flourish Trace Clone

Hi all,
I am wondering if the Rubidium, Nickel and Vanadium in Seachem Flourish Trace is just collateral from the water source or impurities in the major elements they are adding
which is like 2.5 Parts Per Trillion .. I'd say shake well before use! :)
I'm pretty sure they are impurities. I assume when they ran the sample through an <"ICP / MS"> these came up as "present" so they added them to the label.

cheers Darrel

According to James

Attachments

• IMG_20220120_091704.jpg
    IMG_20220120_091704.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 118
I'm pretty sure they are impurities.

I’ve said the same for a while, it’s a convenient way to differentiate your product with all the others, it’s a plant available nutrient so mention it and it makes your compound ‘more’ than the others and also becomes harder to clone because sourcing these elements individually may be problematical or way too much of an expense.

As a side note Iron Sulphate used to make Iron traces comes with added mercury and arsenic as impurities in the parts per trillion also but nobody is putting that on their packaging even though the content amounts are safe for human consumption!

:)

Last edited:
t’s a convenient way to differentiate your product with all the others, it’s a plant available nutrient so mention it and it makes your compound ‘more’ than the others and also becomes harder to clone because sourcing these elements individually may be problematical or way too much of an expense.
I wonder why they didn't list Gold as well... In freshwater Gold is typically available at around 2-5 parts per trillion (much more in seawater) and have been found in plant leaves ... Imagine a Flourish Trace bottle with Gold lettering :lol:

Cheers,
Michael

I sourced my Nickel Sulphate from eBay, came all the way over from Poland, it was the only cost effective source I found.

:)

(Originally I posted Nickel Chloride, I forgot it’s the sulphate I’m using so I edited the post)
Good to know it’s not just me that could not find it locally!

Would ammonium nickel sulfate be useable? it is the only nickel powder I could find available in 100g or less.
Ammonium Nickel Sulfate crystals
(NH4)2Ni(SO4)2·6H2O

I realise the ammonium part could potentially be an issue but wonder if the tiny amounts I would be adding would discount that risk?

Would ammonium nickel sulfate be useable? it is the only nickel powder I could find available in 100g or less.
Ammonium Nickel Sulfate crystals
(NH4)2Ni(SO4)2·6H2O

I realise the ammonium part could potentially be an issue but wonder if the tiny amounts I would be adding would discount that risk?
Yes that should be fine as well.
Add 1.114 gram (NH4)2Ni(SO4)2·6H2O into solution #3

Last edited:
Back