• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

second time around

Chris Tinker

hello all, name is chris and this will be my second time around fish keeping.

first time was a 32 litre box tank which got me hooked and i upgraded to 210... que moving house twice and sold it all.

NOW IMMMMM BACK

got my self a second hand tank and eheim filter and some wood...

suggestions on cleaning the tank, filter, wood please

wood is too big to be boiled.... but can be soaked in tank.... not looking to fully set tank up just yet... need to make sure location is perfect.

thanks in advance

Hi Chris

Tank can be cleaned with just warm water, if got stubborn algae then use a scraper or old bank card.

Seeing as tank not being set up yet, filter can just be cleaned with tap water again.

Leave wood to dry out, then scrub or power washer then resoak when needed

You can buy tank disinfectants, i've never used one before so not sure about them.

Cheers
Chris

eheim professional 2

so got one second hand with a tank. needs a clean, easy enough, the temperature gauge seems to work, waiting to test the element (used hot water to fill it and its hotter than 29 degrees ... ooops

any way all seems well until.. i noticed there is no...
Eheim (7444410) External Filter Floater Spring & Holder

what does this even do? parts are relatively cheap, and thinking should i just get a new propeller at the same time?
or do i test the filter before investing? connecting it up with some water in a tub?

or without the above part will it just leak?

Back