• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Secret Pond - Paros tank

Fiske

I've been alluding to this a few times. Originally this was temporary holding for ???, set up very quickly and thrown on a small stand in our bathroom; back in august last year...
Finally got a few days of to muck about with fish stuff, and had planned to move this, and make a permanent home for the inhabitants. One is visible. Let the bets begin!

2018-01-18%2016.20.29.jpg

Yup. Sold to me as P. sumatranus which is most probably wrong. On the other hand I bought them from a dog/gerbil/fish shop in a mall, so what did I expect? Paro's are not seen for sale often so it was very much a spur of the moment thing. I'd advise against that for future reference :(

My money is on Parosphromenus sp sentang, once I nab a decent pic of the male others can maybe chime in.

yes, tint it :thumbup::clap:

Even after a long boil, and 3-4 days soak in fresh water, this stuff tints like crazy. Tank looks like Earl Grey today, and I'm going to do another waterchange today since the water params are out of whack. Hard and alkaline, because some of my tapwater left a few drops in the bucket :mad: Strictly going rainwater on this in the future.

Edit: Just adding this info here for future ref: Recalibrating instruments seemed to provide better info too: TDS 288 pH 6.6 -- Droptest: GH 7 KH 6. Not bad.

Last edited:
After failing with the good camera (really need a tripod for that), I managed to get a decent snap with the phone of the male. It's the first time I've managed to get a pic of these guys, and not for lack of trying. They're not posing along the front glass like the Bettas were...

Sure looks like sentang to me...

2018-01-19%2018.20.09.jpg

Back