• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Securing a FE

Bobtastic

Hi all,

I'm toying with the idea of getting a C02 system based off a Fire Extinguisher, but I am a little concerned that little hands (4yo boy) may find there way to it and touch/knock it over. How have ppl secured their FE to make sure they don't fall over and cause damage?

how about some chain fastened with a screw to cabinet then a padlock? or if its in the cabinet a lock on the door?

Bobtastic said:
Would something like this be suitable do you think?

http://www.firesafety.uk.com/product236

Also it looks like 2kg C02 FEs from the above site are under £30! That seems cheap!
That looks like a great piece of kit, i might get one myself!

Having a lock on the door will really help if it's possible, it could prevent all manner of potential disasters.

I really want to get one on there but I really don't want to go down the ugly padlock root...

I'm toying with the idea of getting a couple of these - BabyDan Child Cupboard Catch Kitchen Safety Cabinet Door Lock. As it can be added and removed without causing damage to the cabinet. The problem is that he's a crafty little devil and left with enough time he'll probably be able to open it, strip it down for part and sold them on the black market!

I'll probably go with both security features and secure that FE in the cabinet incase of accidental knocks or little hands and a cabinet lock to lessen the chance of the former. :thumbup:

Back