Sera CO2 Tablets

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by johnny70, 20 Jan 2008.

1. johnny70

johnny70 Member

HI

Reading through a PFK blog saw mentioned about an article by Jeremy Gay about setting a nano planted tank up using SERA CO2 START tablets.

anyone used them, how are they, good bad etc, would be great if I could get these for my samller tanks, any idea how long they last? need to compare prices with these and Excel and easycarbo.

Any help?

JOHNNY

2. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

I used them when I first started trying to grow plants years ago on my 40gallon tank. When I first set up my cube I used them again, but as the tablets aren't the easiest thing to source, and you have to add one a day it soon gets pretty expensive. Also as it dissolves it must be adding lots of minerals to the water too - not totally sure what though!

I switched to DIY CO2. I used a Hagen kit to get me started, but a pop bottle with a carefully drilled hole in the cap will doo the job. Just add Yeast, water, sugar and a bit of sodium bicarbonate.

While I was using DIY CO2 though I ended up adding EasyCarbo too as I had some BBA growing. This boosted the plant growth and killed off the algae.