• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Serenity Peak" Final Tank Shot

myboyshay

Hi everyone :wave:

This is my 60cm Iwagumi, my first "real" attempt at a planted tank.

This sounds cheesy but I really couldn't of done this scape without all the great advice I've had right here at UKAPS....so thanks to everyone who has chipped in with there tips, advice etc, especially Graeme and George, cheers fellas :thumbup:

Thanks for looking :thumbup:

Mark

Aquarium: 60x30x36cm Opti White from Aquariums Ltd
Cabinet: ADA style from Aquariums Ltd
Lighting: 4x24w Arcadia T5 Luminaire (2 will be used - 4 for photographs)
Filtration: Tetratec EX700 (using Sera Siporax Media)
Substrate: Aquasoil Powder Type, Power Sand Special S (with added Bacter 100, Clear Super), Tourmaline BC, Penac W and Penac P
Carbon Source: 3ml EasyCarbo - daily
Additives: Brighty K, Green Gain and Green Brighty Step's over time
Hardscape: Seiryu Stone
Plants: Eleocharis Parvula
Fish/Inverts: Paracheirodon simulans, otocinclus and Caridina Japonica

serenitypeakfinaltanksh.jpg

well, my hat truly comes off to you!

I'm certain this will be an inspirational tank to many, including myself.

Great rock placement, great plant health and great imagery.

Absolutely top notch, first time scape!

Well done Mark!

Picture is great! :thumbup:

Thank you all so much for the cool comments....very chuffed to say the least :D :oops:
AdAndrews said:
Dan Crawford said:
also the photography.

what equipment are you using for this mate?? did i read somewhere, this is all with a compact :wideyed: :thumbup:

Yeah it was a compact although it took loads of practice and plenty of tips:

The camera is a Canon PowerShot SD790IS settings were as follows:
ISO 100
Exposure -1
WB Fluorescent
NO FLASH using tripod with 10 sec timer so I could use the hairdryer.

For the background I used a large piece of white card with all 4 T5 tubes on and I also stuck a small headtorch on the back of the tank where the substrate goes with bluetack and faced it towards the card.

I also used a piece of white card to reflect the light into the tank to fill the space between the luminaire and open part of the front of the tank, a trick I seen used by "Saintly" cheers mate :thumbup:(the luminaire was slid to the rear of the tank to light the background as much as poss')

Hope this all makes sense....I'm over the moon with the finished image but If I was to pick fault I would of prefered it to be more centre so I could of got a perfect shape with the line of the tank glass and water surface.

Once again thanks for taking the time to comment everyone, I really do appreciate it :thumbup:

Mark

I would say this has to be one of the best or the best first time scape i have seen on any planted forum,it has everyhting,nice rock placement,lush plant growth,nice fish selection,
awesome job :clap: :clap: ,
regards john.

Great job! Tank looks brilliant, layout of the rocks is great and it has a really nice flow to it. How long has it been running?

Once again thanks all! blown away by the comments :oops:

Barney said:
Great job! Tank looks brilliant, layout of the rocks is great and it has a really nice flow to it. How long has it been running?
Thanks Barney...I planted it on the 21st September and things have went really well just made sure I kept on top of the water changes and tank maintainance.

Many thanks

Mark

Back