• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Serenity Peak" Mark's 60cm Iwagumi

Re: Mark's 60cm Iwagumi (Full ADA Substrate System)

Thought I'd post a couple more pics, wish payday would hurry up so I can get cracking with the planting :mad:

No real changes apart from the attached white background which looks pretty cool I think. photos aren't to good I'm still messing about with the different settings e.g WB, ISO etc.

As soon as I get the plants I'll update with photos.

Mark

myiwagumihardscape2.jpg

myiwagumihardscape1.jpg

Looks great, i like it a lot. :clap:
cant wait to see plants in :thumbup:

Thanks for the cool feedback....I'm chuffed to bits :D :oops:

Just won a brand new Arcadia 4x24w luminaire for a hundred quid on Ebay aswell, I've been trying to get the old style one for months...great stuff!

My girlfriend would go off her nut if she knew how much i've spent on this setup and I still need the plants yet :lol:

Mark

myboyshay said:
Thanks for the cool feedback....I'm chuffed to bits :D :oops:

Just won a brand new Arcadia 4x24w luminaire for a hundred quid on Ebay aswell, I've been trying to get the old style one for months...great stuff!

My girlfriend would go off her nut if she knew how much i've spent on this setup and I still need the plants yet :lol:

Mark

I have the same light on mine and its excellent, although dont go with all 4 tubes to start with!

when you gettin your plants?

Yeah I'll be teasing the lighting in, just the 2, for 7hours to start with and see how it goes ...cheers.

I'll be ordering my plants on Friday from TGM (all hairgrass).

Mark

myboyshay said:
Yeah I'll be teasing the lighting in, just the 2, for 7hours to start with and see how it goes ...cheers.

I'll be ordering my plants on Friday from TGM (all hairgrass).

Mark

Saw Oliver Knott planting hair grass at the weekend and he cuts it right down to a inch tall (be brutal) and then broke it up into say 8 smaller pieces and then planted it like that. He stated that this made it grow more compact and carpted/low level. It did look very good. I am sure one the boys like Stuworral or George will of got a photo of it if you ask them. :D

I seen him planting it that way on a tips video on Tropica website so I'll be doing that.

Wished I could of went on Sunday, bet it was a great day.

Mark

myboyshay said:
I seen him planting it that way on a tips video on Tropica website so I'll be doing that.

actually, it gets fiddly doing it that way. plant at full length then partly fill then trim. but then that's me experience of trimming before planting.

saintly said:
myboyshay said:

actually, it gets fiddly doing it that way. plant at full length then partly fill then trim. but then that's me experience of trimming before planting.

really? i always find it easier to trim before hand, and then plant so after filling all i have to do i correct the ones that have came up.

we all do it different my friend. not to say that any way is wrong as it's not.

i've done it both ways and find the other way easier. sitting with Davide and Francesco from ADA for an hour or so taught me plenty, i just picked it up from them :thumbup:

sorry very rude of me not to comment on this scape.

very well done matey. a good and solid layout ;) first attempt at iwagumi?....if so a massive..... :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

I'll decide how best to plant when I get them but thanks for the tips.

Cheers for the great feedback on the hardscape Mark, appreciate it :thumbup:

UPDATE 21/09/09

Hi everyone,

Well here it is planted, filled and filter up and running :D

I used 15 pots of hairgrass and I've ordered another 3 to fill the substrate a bit more, i've also just purchased a Arcadia luminaire which is great, looks much better than the german one I had which will come in handy as a spare.

This is the nervous part which I've been worried about (will my plants grow and form a carpet?) fingers crossed eh!

Any comments welcome!!

plantedmyiwagumi.jpg

sideviewmyiwagumi.jpg

lilypipesmyiwagumi.jpg

Re: Mark's 60cm Iwagumi (NOW PLANTED)

Mark,

Tank is looking great! Bet that took ages to plant all that Hairgrass and more to come! Its going to look very good once it grows!

One question is what glassware is that? i particularly like the inlet, mine only has about 6 slots on it, and its like an industrial hoover when a fish swims past! Could you send me a link?

Andy

Cheers Andy,

Yep it took bloody ages splitting and planting the hairgrass.

I bought the inlet from the Green machine and it's ADA's new line "Do Aqua" which is slightly cheaper. it does look pretty cool even though it's a line meant for beginners.

Here's the link mate!

http://www.thegreenmachineaquatics.com/ ... ow%20(VV-1)

Nice one Mark,

Looks like you have taken great care with your planting. Perhaps a little to formal, but dont worry, you wont notice once it has grown in.
I hope this all works out for you Mark. :thumbup:

Cheers Graeme,

It does look very formal but i'll try and fill some spaces with the 3 pots I've ordered.

One question for anyone:
Is it normal for some of the leaves to go a little brown?

Cheers

Mark

Back