• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Serenity Peak" Mark's 60cm Iwagumi

Re: "Serenity Peak" Mark's 60cm Iwagumi UPDATE 12/10/09

Thanks for the cool comments guy's :oops:

looking really good. itll be grown in quite soon then youll be itching to re-scape it again

Yep I'm starting to feel that way already, I've been checking out a load of scapes using wood (I love George's English Summer) and that's what I'll have a crack at next.....in time though, i'll enjoy this one.

Many thanks

Mark

The rocks are nice but the lay out is not that good.Front side of the tank closed too much.On a plain substrate,
a lay out like the following one would look deeper and more aesthetical IMHO.

Regards

ilaymir

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

I do respect your opinion but I prefer my layout, I guess it just boils down to personal taste.

Thanks

Mark

It looks really good. I have wanted to do something like this myself but i haven't convinced "the boss" its something we need ...yet! Its really great seeing the plants establish in the tank. Good job :thumbup:

Tank looking great, have you had any algae yet?
Its a good example of a non press CO2 setup.

It's not all about how a scape looks to others,but it is nice to have constructive critism,the most important thing is learning to grow algae free plants ,when that is achieved the real challenge of a good aquascape can start,and in my opinion you are not far away,
very nice setup with lovely plant growth well done,
regards john.

It looks really good. I have wanted to do something like this myself but i haven't convinced "the boss" its something we need ...yet! Its really great seeing the plants establish in the tank. Good job

Thank's for the kind words, it took me a while to convince "the boss" but I bugged her til' she give in.

Mark

Tank looking great, have you had any algae yet?
Its a good example of a non press CO2 setup.

Cheers Andy, I was starting to get a bit amongst the hairgrass but the shrimp and oto's took care of that...the main algae (brown and green) is on the rocks and I've been cleaning it a couple of times a week with a toothbrush dipped in Easycarbo, seems to be doing the trick but it's impossible to keep the rocks totally algae free.

It's not all about how a scape looks to others,but it is nice to have constructive critism,the most important thing is learning to grow algae free plants ,when that is achieved the real challenge of a good aquascape can start,and in my opinion you are not far away,
very nice setup with lovely plant growth well done,
regards john.

Thanks alot John, your right about the way a scape looks, I'm the one who looks at it every day and to be honest I'm very happy with it, although I'm itching to do a new scape already and I haven't even added the fish yet.

I don't mind constructive critism at all, I think it's the best way to learn and I've already learned heaps since joining UKAPS.

Many thanks

Mark

ilaymir said:
The rocks are nice but the lay out is not that good

eh? :p personally i love your layout myboyshay. it has all the correct attributes for an iwagumi. main, sub, supporting stones etc....placed closely together.

the PS version is ok, but the main stone sits too far to the right etc etc.....the left side too far from the main pack.....

anyways, good growth mate, and a fantastic looking scape.

eh? personally i love your layout myboyshay. it has all the correct attributes for an iwagumi. main, sub, supporting stones etc....placed closely together.

the PS version is ok, but the main stone sits too far to the right etc etc.....the left side too far from the main pack.....

anyways, good growth mate, and a fantastic looking scape.

Well done, Mark!

I also love the rock layout. Very nicely balanced.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing what you have planned next!

:oops: Thanks very much, that really means alot!

George: as much as I want to try something new I'm going to enjoy this one for as long as poss', I only have the one tank so I'll have to wait to do my next scape.

Once again thank you both for the cool comments :thumbup:

myboyshay said:
UPDATE: 12/10/09
day24myiwagumicloseup.jpg

Nice rocks. Are they really this blue in real life?

Nope that's the white balance setting on my camera (still not to good with a camera)

The rocks are grey (ADA seiryu stone from The Green Machine)

Thanks

Mark

:( Just found one of my otos on the carpet, it must of jumped when I was doing the water change......gutted!

I've lowered the water level just to be on the safe side.

Ordered my fish which come on Tuesday :D ....I've went for Green neons instead of the Embers, I think they'll suit the scape better with the green of the hairgrass and black background.

Mark

The scape looks awesome mate, top choice of fish green neons IMO are one of the nicest trtras you can get and I will definetly be getting some, though they can be a bit difficult to get a hold of near me.

Cheers Vito! I couldn't get hold of any myself but I've ordered mine from Trimar Aquaria, they're really good mate!

Cheers

Mark!

So have you received the order of fish yet? what was the quality of them like because I just checked the site and they seem reasonably priced.

Yep just recieved them and their gorgeous fish (all tiny young ones). I've had fish from them in the past and they've always been top quality and all my amano shrimp are from there to, I've had 20 for just over a year and haven't lost one.

Delivery is expensive but I think that's to be expected with livestock.

Thanks

Mark!

Re: "Serenity Peak" Mark's 60cm Iwagumi (Fish pics 22/10/09)

It's now week 5, just added the Green Neons which i love, and things still going surprisingly well :D Also purchased the ADA thermometer, very nice!

Some more pics, thanks for looking (Excuse the dirty glasswear, cleaning on Saturday)

Mark :thumbup:

iwagumiweek5a.jpg

iwagumiweek5b.jpg

iwagumiweek5c.jpg

really lovely tank well done :thumbup:

have you painted the back of the tank or just used black paper ?

really lovely tank well done :thumbup:

have you painted the back of the tank or just used black paper ?

Thanks really appreciate that :oops:

I used black card and wedged it against the tank using sponge tubing so it's easy to change backgrounds.

Cheers

Mark

Back