• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Serenity Peak" Mark's 60cm Iwagumi

Re: "Serenity Peak" Mark's 60cm Iwagumi (Fish pics 22/10/09)

Had a quick look through the post but didn't spot it, where did you buy this grass? How many pots used? cheers

Had a quick look through the post but didn't spot it, where did you buy this grass? How many pots used? cheers

I spent a fair bit on the hairgrass, in total 18 pots (I wanted to get as much plant bio-mass as poss from the off), Tropica from TGM (Looking back I could of did it with less if I was patient enough to split the plants a bit more)

Cheers

Mark

I was expecting Green Neon to be ... well green i guess. Is this just not showing up on the pictures or are my expectation of lime coloured fish a few yards wide of the mark?

thefubar said:
I was expecting Green Neon to be ... well green i guess. Is this just not showing up on the pictures or are my expectation of lime coloured fish a few yards wide of the mark?

They only look green if you look down at them other wise just blue and they are awesome!

Yep gorgeous looking fish, the pics don't do them justice....they have a green reflection off the surface aswell, looks great!

Mark

UPDATE:05/11/09 Week 7

Well it's week 7 and I went a bit mad with the camera so I thought I'd post the pics, it'll be the last pics on the journal....I was thinking of getting it photographed properly when it's around 6 months old and maybe try a competition (we'll see how it goes)

Thanks for looking

Mark

serenitypeakweek7g.jpg

serenitypeakweek7e.jpg

serenitypeakweek7f.jpg

serenitypeakweek7a.jpg

serenitypeakweek7d.jpg

serenitypeakweek7c.jpg

serenitypeakweek7b.jpg

myboyshay said:
I was thinking of getting it photographed properly when it's around 6 months old and maybe try a competition (we'll see how it goes)
Shame you're so far away, Mark. I'd love to have come and do some studio-lighting shots of that beauty.

Wow guys...cheers....I'm sitting here with a massive grin on my face :oops: :D

It's great to get such great feedback especially from the people who have inspired me so much since getting into aquascaping and discovering UKAPS (which is one amazing forum with some very cool characters who have give me tons of help, tips and advice)

Shame you're so far away, Mark. I'd love to have come and do some studio-lighting shots of that beauty.

That would be awesome George, really wished you were closer...my pics are crap!

Your PFK cover looks amazing George :thumbup: you must be chuffed to bits with it!!

Once again many thanks for taking the time to look and write those cool comments

Mark

Hey Mark

Not read this one for a while, its looking excellent those pics of it in location look excellent!
pro pics would look wicked! Its the lighting that makes the real difference for me :thumbup:

Just Echoing what other have said but that really does look very stylish in your living room, the cardinals look perfect. Love the wall paper too! Nicley done - Tom

pro pics would look wicked! Its the lighting that makes the real difference for me

Cheers Andy, I'll definately be getting some pro pics done if alls well in a couple of months.

Ace shot! pure ADA style and I love it

Cheers Stu, that's what I was aiming for!

Just Echoing what other have said but that really does look very stylish in your living room, the cardinals look perfect. Love the wall paper too! Nicley done - Tom

Thanks Stu appreciate the cool comment. They're actually Green neons (just like mini cardinals) gorgeous little fish....Laura Ashley wallpaper chosen by the misses :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to comment :thumbup:

Back