• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Serenity Peak" Mark's 60cm Iwagumi

amazing photos mate
just like George i love the photo with the furnitures. The colors made that shot so special.

i love these kinds of photos. shows really how a nice tank could fit and add great feeling to any modern room.

Thanks Victor, can't believe some of the comments I've had....I'm chuffed to bits :oops:

Many thanks

Mark

Re: "Serenity Peak" Mark's 60cm Iwagumi (Fish pics 22/10/09)

myboyshay said:
UPDATE:05/11/09 Week 7

Well it's week 7 and I went a bit mad with the camera so I thought I'd post the pics, it'll be the last pics on the journal....I was thinking of getting it photographed properly when it's around 6 months old and maybe try a competition (we'll see how it goes)

Thanks for looking

Mark

serenitypeakweek7g.jpg

serenitypeakweek7e.jpg

serenitypeakweek7f.jpg

serenitypeakweek7a.jpg

serenitypeakweek7d.jpg

serenitypeakweek7c.jpg

serenitypeakweek7b.jpg

You've just made low tech-zero Co2 look cool. 8)

Looks great Mark, you should be really proud of your self with that. Im sure you already are.

Top draw.

People, take note. Mark has done it how it should be done. Worked with a clear and evaluative head, based on hours of research and endless patients. This hobby should never be rushed.

Well done Mark.

What a great journal and what a great non-co2 fishtank. I just love your rock-placing and substrate arrangement. This is a true inspiration, Mark.

Hey Mark. Sorry I havent posted on here yet - I'm just catching up on things.

Your tank looks stunning ! The simplicity of the layout and the planting makes it look so fresh and contemporary, and the choice of green neons is spot on. The living room pics might just be enough to persuade Sara that we should have anopther tank in the house :lol: :D

What are your plans with it now ?

Tony

I honestly can't believe the comments I'm reading here......Thanks so much everyone :thumbup:
Vito said:
The tank is looking fantastic mate, defiantly my favorite tank on here right now, for how long were you doing daily water changes and how long are your lights on for. I can't believe how well its doing on easycarbo, but I suppose the ADA products are very effective.
Love the green neons! can't wait to get mine.

Vito
Cheers mate, really appreciate it. I did a 50% water change every day for the first 3 weeks and I'm now doing at least 1 ideally 2 a week. The lights are on for 7hours (2x24W). ADA products are amazing and I doubt I'll use anything else. Green neons are my fave fish I've kept.

Thanks Mark

You've just made low tech-zero Co2 look cool. 8)

Looks great Mark, you should be really proud of your self with that. Im sure you already are.

Top draw.

People, take note. Mark has done it how it should be done. Worked with a clear and evaluative head, based on hours of research and endless patients. This hobby should never be rushed.

Well done Mark.
Cheers Graeme....The research is important, definately, but that's the interesting part as well, I've learned so much through reading up on ADA, talking to yourself, TGM staff, George and I've had some great advice right here on UKAPS. I never used to have ant patience until I started this hobby, therapy aswell eh :lol:

Cheers :thumbup:

Jack middleton said:
wow...For saying you're not using Co2 its astounding! I may try this technique with HC, amazing!
Thanks Jack....Good luck with the HC (I bottled the HC, soft I know, and went for the hairgrass)

keymaker said:
What a great journal and what a great non-co2 fishtank. I just love your rock-placing and substrate arrangement. This is a true inspiration, Mark.
Cheers appreciate that :thumbup:

Tonser said:
Hey Mark. Sorry I havent posted on here yet - I'm just catching up on things.

Your tank looks stunning ! The simplicity of the layout and the planting makes it look so fresh and contemporary, and the choice of green neons is spot on. The living room pics might just be enough to persuade Sara that we should have anopther tank in the house :lol: :D

What are your plans with it now ?

Tony
Thanks Tony, means alot coming from you, love your scapes on here (wished you could take some great pics of mine, your photography is amazing)
Good luck getting the new tank and congratulations on becoming a father, I've just found out we're having our second, shocked but chuffed!

As far as plans go I'm going to keep this one going for about 6 months (maybe get some pro pics done and enter a comp) before stripping this one down and trying a wood scape with decorative sand, anubias, java fern, hairgrass and maybe some moss)

Thanks for commenting everyone

A well chuffed Mark :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi all!

I've just been on AG, Aquascape gallery website and couldn't believe what I saw........I won the competition.

I know there wasn't many entries but still, I'm over the moon and chuffed to bits.

Thanks judges :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

saintly said:
well done matey. :thumbup:
Cheers Mark
Vito said:
Congrats mate, really well done. Any updates on the tank?
Cheers Vito. The tank is still going great, plants still growing, no livestock lost, I'll post some more pics when I get the chance.

I'm going to rescape around March...I've just ordered some ADA iron wood, ADA nile sand and I'm going to have a go at a wood scape with slower growing plants (anubias, narrow leaf fern, moss and a curtain of vallis nana as the back drop).

I love this iwagumi and I'm over the moon with the feedback I've had but it's a bit bland to watch every day, that's why I'm opting to rescape again and go for a more densely planted natural look with the wood (that's the plan anyway, fingers crossed).

Thanks Mark

considering the way in which you've accomplished this scape, there's no doubt in my mind the correct guy has been chosen as the winner. don't be embarrassed. 8)

saintly said:
considering the way in which you've accomplished this scape, there's no doubt in my mind the correct guy has been chosen as the winner. don't be embarrassed.

That's a really cool thing to say Mark, thanks mate :thumbup:

Mark

AdAndrews said:
Congrats :D well deserved also, what camera do you use to photograph this tank?

thanks
Adam

Cheers Adam. It's just a Canon Ixus compact, I've been messing with the settings ISO, exposure etc but can't sem to get a decent pic that does the scape justice.

Thanks

Mark

myboyshay said:
AdAndrews said:
Congrats :D well deserved also, what camera do you use to photograph this tank?

thanks
Adam

Cheers Adam. It's just a Canon Ixus compact, I've been messing with the settings ISO, exposure etc but can't sem to get a decent pic that does the scape justice.

Thanks

Mark

thanks, could have fooled me :lol:

I hope I'm not boring every one to death with this scape but I was dying to see what it would look like without the equipment in the tank and I wanted to try the old hairdryer trick.....looks pretty cool I think 8) still can't get a nice clean photo, frustrating :twisted:
Cheers

Mark
serenitypeaknoglasswear.jpg

greenneons.jpg

myboyshay said:
I hope I'm not boring every one to death with this scape
Never... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Im sure everybody love it :clap:

Back