• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Setting up canister filter pipework

Ninjascape

Hi, I have just bought a 5ft by 2ft by 2ft aquarium, unfortunately the tank comes with a brace around the rim. My plan is to run a 2000ef all pond solutions filter but the pipework will not fit. Anyone hand this problem before or know a solution?

No gaps just glass all around the top. It looks to be around 2". Also they offered me glass sliding lid for extra £35 but I lve just realised it useless.

What about this sort of thing Clear Extruded Acrylic Tube Cut To Size
1630245098774.png

I don't know if heating and bending extruded would cause to much in built stress in the tube. Maybe cut 7 bits with 15° angle to form half a dodecagon and glue them together. That would give a gentle curve to stop turbulence causing lost flow rate.
1630245002304.png

Postage is the expensive part.

Thankyou for getting back to I have just messaged the supplier and the photo is different from the tank I am receiving. The tank I am actually getting has no braces on the sides so my pipework will slide 9n neatly. Massive weight off my shoulders got bits of pipe all over the place tryin gto figure this out haha anyways thankyou both for your reply cheers

Ninjascape

Back