• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Setting up soil walstad method

id_darren

In the substrate chapter she explains the easiest way to set up a new tank. " I layer the tank bottom with dry soil to a depth of 1 - 1.5 inch , next I cover the soil with about 1 inch of gravel so that the substrate is about 2.5 inch deep ( I don`t bother to wash the gravel beforehand)
I add water to the tank so that the substrate is covered with 3 inch of water. The next day the tank can be planted more gravel added to cover the soil [ isn`t the soil covered with gravel already ? ]

I found other articles that emphasize to saturate the soil for a month or two to avoid unnecessary algae blooms.
http://lowlightlowtechplanted.blogspot.com/
It is my intention to inject Co2 and use aquarium soil.

Thank you for your link sir , but I read that article already and every other I could find , especially from this site. That is indeed an interesting read. But he explains to put the mesh which is optional and cap it with gravel.
Walstad book says , soil - gravel - water - plants - gravel

My question was about the last added gravel.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

Back