• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sewage dumping in rivers.

Which begs the question - if you do want to support a charity in this space, how do you judge which one is best to invest in? Whilst I want any donation I make to be as effective as possible, in the absence of any data beyond what a relatively surface web search reveals, I'd rather support something than nothing. I tend to think along the three axes of (1) are they taking the right approach? (2) is a decent proportion of each dollar donated actually making it to the coal face? and (3) is the org big enough to have a material effect? But without doing a ton of research, the info available to assess those criteria is sketchy at best.
It’s entirely an individual choice. As is how well informed an individual chooses to be about the world in which they live.

I’m not advocating the support of any one charity but what Population Matters have to say about environmental issues might interest some folk.

Its a bit of a problem which charity .? My own way of this is to pick one or two and give a small amount. Border Collie Rescue is one of mine because a lot of my own dogs have been that. The present one is 10 year old and a real handful and l know why so many get rehomed People get them often for looks cute without research. Also to Cancer Search. My daughter fund raises for Maggies. Thats a good way as sponsership doesnt impact on your finances and she seems to have a lot of fun. Back to politics. Goverment Overseas Aid (UK)aid we all give to that in one respect but corruption is a constant threat and why do rich or unethical regimes get this? Incidently anyone who shps a pets at home can get a VIP card a percentage of any purchase goes to your chosen charity. Tryingbto keep a bit positive its a complicated world we live in

Greenpeace headquarters Hamburg
GP0STOOTJ.jpg

Greenpeace headquarters Amsterdam
35_full.jpg

And they have 26 other regional offices worldwide.

Amsterdam is good for a €100.000, maintenance cost p/y and not so very long ago the completely refurbished this office for a several 100.000 extra with a completely new Interieur...

Not to mention the salaries paid, the Amsterdam Greenpeace director alone gets € 6075 net. p/m that is about € 11716 p/m without tax etc. That makes € 152.308 p/y. And when he's asked about it, his argument is what are you nagging about this is a drop on a hot plate compared to the average director's salary.

:shh:

That’s pretty much it Marcel. But most of these multinational NGOs refuse to engage in conversations about unsustainable popn. growth and the role of big corporations in government because they left their counter culture begings behind long ago and are now part of the establishment. And they would loose donors.

Yup they are and why and how it points to the obvious and all follow a pre-written scenario that won't bite the hand that feeds it... Making any suggestions about what the obvious is put down as you said before, conspiracy idiocy...

"Divide et Impera" an ancient strategy still very much in play today, it was never gone since the day it was first described... Especially in times of crisis, it's evidently present... Look around what's happening now, dividing with a blunt axe... And they are not even ashamed to show the jet-set having parties and conferences almost sitting on each other lap breathing down each others neck.

Our very own minister of justice publically made a statement, Not abiding by the rules of social distancing etc. Is Irresponsible ad utterly antisocial behaviour and we will strongly respond with high fines and a criminal record... Not long after he was caught having a private party and pictures leaked out. At least 40 people standing shoulder to shoulder dancing, kissing and hugging each other.

Do you know what happened? He got away with a crocodile tear and a speech that he's only human too and very sorry for the mistake. He paid a €450 donation to the red cross. The parliament majority voted him still on with confidence and he's still on today... :p

I'm not even going to try to explain what is so utterly wrong with this... The ones too blind to see are beyond help anyway...

Imho it was a don't bite the hand that feeds you vote... Somebody far away out of sight is pulling strings.

This show must go on... And I'm not saying nothing is going on...

Last edited:
Not to mention the salaries paid, the Amsterdam Greenpeace director alone gets € 6075 net. p/m that is about € 11716 p/m without tax etc. That makes € 152.308 p/y. And when he's asked about it, his argument is what are you nagging about this is a drop on a hot plate compared to the average director's salary.
There was a similar situation going viral not so long ago regarding Children in Need. people wrongly assume that it is ran by the BBC but it is in fact a seperate company that uses the BBC as its platform. They were heavily criticised for spending millions on their HQ, the Director was getting 120K per year and the average salary of the employees was 42K (The national average being 25k) Wage bills had ran into millions. They were also questioned about the 90million in assets and investments which they were paying fund managers to keep control of.
No doubt it has done a lot of good work so I'm not cliticising that.

I know the Green Partys in Europe are strong and in the UK they used to be a good choice for a protest vote against establishment partys At one time they were a good way of example protesting against all what is said above. Now they spend most of their time berating you for your democratic right to have your choice in referendums as e.g and issues nothing to do with their original aims. I thought they might be the saviours of Rural Britain, Climate Change ,the Green Belt and so on. It seems now they taken these irons out of the fire and attempting to be mainstream .They have one MP in the UK that says it all

Back