• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shall I use the Tropica 90 days App?

si walker

Hi.
I am getting closer to set up day of my new 35 litre tank.
Would you recommend using the Tropica app to guide me through with water changes etc?
After doing a lot of research, I now realise theres many ways of doing the same thing, only differently!

Thanks!

Simon.

Thank you!
I am reading so many different ways to start this and all with logical reasons!
Also i will try to 'read the plants' and see how they are when I get going. Its been about 10 years and I have forgotten almost everything and almost everything has changed. Its great!

Thank you!
I am reading so many different ways to start this and all with logical reasons!
Also i will try to 'read the plants' and see how they are when I get going. Its been about 10 years and I have forgotten almost everything and almost everything has changed. Its great!
Ha ha, I was like that when I started a my tank 3 years ago after a 10 year hiatus. Previous tank was CO2 and MH lighting, the concept of EI dosing wasn’t commonly talked aboit, and nor was high flow. It was only by chance that my Filter produced 10X turnover and plants just grew. Even whe. I didn’t do a WC every week. Now, with current set up,only 3 years old I still think I’m learning again.

Ha ha, I was like that when I started a my tank 3 years ago after a 10 year hiatus. Previous tank was CO2 and MH lighting, the concept of EI dosing wasn’t commonly talked aboit, and nor was high flow. It was only by chance that my Filter produced 10X turnover and plants just grew. Even whe. I didn’t do a WC every week. Now, with current set up,only 3 years old I still think I’m learning again.

When I read some of the posts here I am baffled and wonder if I am on the right website! The knowledge base is incredible.

Yes EI seems to be the way to go. Im sure 10 years ago it was basically over dosing your fertz and not being frightened to do so.
I have a tropica bottle to get rid of first, then I will look into that, but it may well be over my head.

On another note but not topic, how many different kinds of plants do people put into their tanks?
Mine is 35 ltrs and I'm at the experimental stage so was going to get about 10 different sorts to see what happens. Is this wise or are can they inhibit one another in some way apart from shading the light?

Thanks!

I have 13 types in a fluval flex 57 litre. Like says above, reading the plants is always a good start. Iv got algae, bit of melting, done lovely growth, some not so lovely growth but overall it’s a healthy system so I’m happy to learn from this point how to maintain a healthy ecosystem and then get further into scaping down the line . I don’t have 10x turn over but I have nice laminar slow flow that delivers nutrients and Co2 to all parts of the tank. Pic from just now

56E79746-E24A-4605-A9B7-E72C40A1DC8F.jpeg

Back