• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shallow tank...

Saman

I’ve finally decided to go shallow for my next tank. I’m torn between an overgrown jungle type set up - big piece of wood extending out of water, lots of emersed plants - vs something more rigid and designed with a little path etc. I will be using co2 and I definitely want a carpeting plant - that much I know! Any tips on which plants would be great for this or pointers to other journals etc would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 63E71B09-5740-4E1F-952F-6D4FD015D925.jpeg
    63E71B09-5740-4E1F-952F-6D4FD015D925.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 173
For me I'd go jungle every time but I just saw you other journal and that has a similar vibe with the wood and bushy plants so for contrast you could perhaps your more rigid plan, or perhaps a eleocharis iwagumi with some rocks that break the waters surface and possibly some emersed moss might be fun.

Yes @mort that’s the issue - I’m kind of doing the wood/jungle/overgrown garden vibe already although I could take it a step further and really go for it with the emersed plants.

Trying something out of your comfortzone is always fun :) if it helps deciding. Both sound good to me!

Sounds great.
I'd opt for hydrocotyle leucaphila for a carpet plant in a shallow. Would look amazing.
There's a couple of brilliant shallow semi emmersed journals on here. One from a Tom Black and one called puddle of mud.

Both very good reads

Back