• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ship Rock

Aquarium gardens sorted the warranty out no problem just though would give u update

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ordering plants for the 900 next week want to use easy plants like trident fern, anubias, crypts, bucephalandra, and want some weed like plants like 53b any other recomendations? Want some nice reds aswel you think rotala ?

Lastly has anyone used Styrofoam to place rocks etc on in bottom of tank and would you recomend me putting the volcano mineral in tights so i can reuse in future as using as a filler/bulking agent to get more height?

Dean

Any help on above questions and do many people use ludwigia palustrus

Thanks dean

Any help on above questions and do many people use ludwigia palustrus

Thanks dean

I have it in my tank - it's grown pretty easily for me (and I don't have green fingers), and is a very lovely vibrant red under my WRGB II light.

Ordering plants for the 900 next week want to use easy plants like trident fern, anubias, crypts, bucephalandra, and want some weed like plants like 53b any other recomendations? Want some nice reds aswel you think rotala ?

Lastly has anyone used Styrofoam to place rocks etc on in bottom of tank and would you recomend me putting the volcano mineral in tights so i can reuse in future as using as a filler/bulking agent to get more height?

Dean

Some fast plants to start with, maybe H zosterfolia that can be removed after a few weeks. Floating plants would be good too, my frogbit has taken off and has to be thinned regularly. Not sure if it will stay in the tank but it helps suck up extra nutrition and is the first to tell you of any nutrient shortages.

I wouldn't put the jbl in tights TBH, if you were to reuse I'm sure you could maybe sieve it.... But tights would work but I'm not sure I'd be that fussed about reusing.

Ludwigia palustris is a good reasonably fast growing red plant. Its grew quite well in my old tank. Rotala sp seem to grow faster so might be more useful at startup.

Thanks guys, yeah i wont put in tights will just leave loose as be harder to shape in tights, have yoj ever used polystyrene under rocks etc i think i will just put rocks onto glass as have done in past, want to create something similar to the recent aquarium gardens 900 nice triangle composition.

Been soakimg the wood in garden for few weeks so will i need to give a scrub with a brush and should i try some hardscapes or will the wood dry back out?

I am not a huge fan of floating plants but phyllanthus fluitans what tropica do and george did a vid on youtibe look great and give some colour so i could get a pot for a while and if dont like remove hopefully dont interfere with skimmer.

Is h zosterfolia a foreground plant as i quite like the look and i imagine i will get some rotala what is you recomendations for a nice red tinge?

Last time i had simensis 53b that is very fast growing but ended up removing but that could be a good shout. Thanks for help so far

Dean

Back