• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ship Rock

Any help with the last question ?

Like i say my 900 arrives tomorro and i will be taking my time but eventually when i order plants will i be able to remove some from this setup or will it impact it too much regarding bacteria etc ?

Also i may want some of the hardscape to try in new setup firstly i need a tougher brush to scrub the green off but i have never had 2 tanks and wanted to use a lot from one to use in the other just not sure of the process ?

Eventually i will only have the 900 as dont want 2 tanks yet just want to dedicated time to one as with 2 kids both young hard to have time and lack of space.

Any help will be great as i have nk idea how to go about it

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

You’ll be fine to use plants from your existing set up in your new one. I’d use only the excess though, rather than significantly reduce the plant mass in your existing, so any cuttings from stem plants, any runners from crypts etc that you snip off will be good.
I’d also seed the new filter with some media from your existing to help with establishing the tank. When I had more than one tank, I’d even use some of the water change water and pop it into to the new one and then top up with tap. It really helped with cycling.

Increase PO4 by 20% or so? Also tad of MGSO4 could help with yellowing buce's leaves.
Thanks mate i will be changing to EI in next scape so will no doubt need a lot of help in that department.

Dean

You’ll be fine to use plants from your existing set up in your new one. I’d use only the excess though, rather than significantly reduce the plant mass in your existing, so any cuttings from stem plants, any runners from crypts etc that you snip off will be good.
I’d also seed the new filter with some media from your existing to help with establishing the tank. When I had more than one tank, I’d even use some of the water change water and pop it into to the new one and then top up with tap. It really helped with cycling.
Thanks mate i will swap over a few buces etc and stems and like u say i will change a filter basket from blue sponge to seachem matrix in this tank then leave for a month and add into new setup then once shut this down i will add all my plants and fish over.

Wow didnt relise how big this thing was loads of room for possibility
c2b84abeb249bf5bac7a16e8fa5a4e86.jpg

Wow didnt relise how big this thing was //emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji28.png loads of room for possibility
Welcome to the club of the a900 :D

Welcome to the club of the a900 :D
It looks small in the pictire but it is huge absolutely massive in my small living room but hey ho will look amazing once plants growing aslong as looks anything like yours. Knew would look big but everytime i see it looks huge now to take time with hardcape etc.

Dean

Looks amazing mate cant wait to see it planted up
Thanks jay , will be taking my time more with this one and also house halfway through getting decorated so think may be a little while yet.

Dean

The misses has said if I can break down my 3 scapes i can have a 1200 hence why the 60p is for sale lol
you have to compromise so thats fair i suppose , everytime i walk in living room i say wow the 1200 must look absolutely huge but would look amazing planted.

I have placed the tank that way with nothing supporting the front as over hangs doors is everyone elses the same ? Jist making sure matt correct etc

Dean

2feebc51a46cc20ecfded1b8e53a1c9f.jpg

I have placed the tank that way with nothing supporting the front as over hangs doors is everyone elses the same ? Jist making sure matt correct etc
Yes it's correct it overhangs otherwise the doors would not be flash with the tank.

Yes it's correct it overhangs otherwise the doors would not be flash with the tank.
Knew it was as recal someone else asking same thing just strange how front glass isnt supported at all , finish decorating house then try my manzi wood for size in this beast

Knew it was as recal someone else asking same thing just strange how front glass isnt supported at all
Yeah I had the same thought when I first got mine! Took a bit of tweaking to get the doors straight too ;)

Yeah I had the same thought when I first got mine! Took a bit of tweaking to get the doors straight too ;)
I hate adjusting the legs took ages to get somewere near level but by then they were all right in the air screwed right out, so screwed them all in exactly the same amount so were at same level but cabinet was closer to the ground, the rear leg on mine looks like off the floor but when put weight on it moves cabinet level so when water in should be ok, floors must be very uneven.

Dean

Wont be many more posts on this little tank just wanted to show you how fast and crazy rotala grows i cant keep up with it haha and also how latge my aquascaper 900 is in comparison to 45p.

Hope you enjoyed the 45p as much as i did
Dean
62889a1279dbd0dfd7632745ad397372.jpg
874ff0bb6c45c4148dfaccee631e3991.jpg

Aquascaper tank looks great Dean, I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun setting it up :cool:

Back