• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ship Rock

[QUOTE="Deano3, post: 606233, member: 8

I have placed the tank that way with nothing supporting the front as over hangs doors is everyone elses the same ? Jist making sure matt correct etc

2feebc51a46cc20ecfded1b8e53a1c9f.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Hi @Deano3 - the 900 Aquascaper looks great.

If I ever move back to the UK I'll be looking at the EA range. The tank and stand combination looks great.

Sorry, but I can't help but take a second look at that over-hang.

I always thought it was really important to support all four bottom corners of a glass stand.

From your photo two of the four will be completely unsupported (the front two).

I hope someone can come on and say why this isn't a problem, because I thought that is where all the load goes, and of course it's also the join.

Did you speak directly with EA about this?

[QUOTE="Deano3, post: 606233, member: 8

I have placed the tank that way with nothing supporting the front as over hangs doors is everyone elses the same ? Jist making sure matt correct etc

2feebc51a46cc20ecfded1b8e53a1c9f.jpg

Hi @Deano3 - the 900 Aquascaper looks great.

If I ever move back to the UK I'll be looking at the EA range. The tank and stand combination looks great.

Sorry, but I can't help but take a second look at that over-hang.

I always thought it was really important to support all four bottom corners of a glass stand.

From your photo two of the four will be completely unsupported (the front two).

I hope someone can come on and say why this isn't a problem, because I thought that is where all the load goes, and of course it's also the join.

Did you speak directly with EA about this?[/QUOTE]i know i thought exactly the same however plenty of people have same tank and no issues at all so must be ok.

The front glass overhangs 2 front doors and has no support and the sides are supported partially as rubber matt goes about halfway over the glass.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Few more pics of overhang, the matt goes under one of the side a little more on one side but must be ok, is everyone elses the same ?

Dean
4cee190489a6b41b1348d1f2c05f8cfa.jpg
232a95ab536e7bcf05527004347f0c54.jpg
5521124e95e28ce9f5ee9306d7fc12ca.jpg
9f086f6324546e71eba528f1eb018059.jpg

Hi @Deano3 - yes it's the first photo I would be worried by, seeing the front panel is not supported but just hanging over the door.

I hate to think I'm worrying you for no reason, but traditionally we've be taught that it's the four outside rims, and particularly the corners, of the tank that support all the weight.

I did try looking at some other threads with EA Aquascaper tanks, and it looks to me that they are the same.

I don't know if @Geoffrey Rea can chip in on this, but it also looks like his EA 1200 Aquascaper has the same over-hang.

They obviously missed, the mat isn’t centred. If you’re concerned @Deano3 contact the company you bought it through straight away and send photo’s.
Is yours the same mate or is yours right to edges ? If they are all like that i dont mind as must be ok as loads of ppl have them

To be hknest its only very slightly over more on one side, is your front and sides the same how may doesnt go all way to edge of you dont mind me asking

Thanks dean

Had to trim even though lights lowered , i will be taking some plants for the 900 and eventually all, how do i go aboit removing the co2 to use in the 900 lower the lights a lot etc any tips.

Dean
b80b05cbfaaf68a198921d3089ec3bb9.jpg
2bd967ab91770c662063ad67f5d32459.jpg

Hi Dean, the overhang is completely normal, it is simply to allow the doors to sit flush with the tank front. Mine are the same. The support is created through the base glass which will sit pretty much on the cabinet footprint as all of the tank side panes are full height and siliconed on the inner face rather than sat on top of the base :thumbup:

Had to trim even though lights lowered , i will be taking some plants for the 900 and eventually all, how do i go aboit removing the co2 to use in the 900 lower the lights a lot etc any tips.

Dean
b80b05cbfaaf68a198921d3089ec3bb9.jpg
2bd967ab91770c662063ad67f5d32459.jpg

I removed my co2 after lowering the light intensity over a few weeks and reducing the ferts, however the stems went leggy and lost quite a few leaves. The anubias and buce were fine but the stems not so much. Maybe try to get a second hand reg?

Hi everyone nearly sorted with decorating etc so hopefully the new tank started next month this tank is such a breeze, i have no co2 on now and light at 45 percent carried out water change tonight and took 20 mins.

It must have just reached a sweet spot as no visable algae and just so easy so cant complain. I can see why people love the lower maintenance and less time required for the lower tech tank.

Had a bit bother today after water change luckily i noticed a air sound after opened filter taps and noticed small bubbles coming from pre filter top (the plunger you push to start the syphon)then noticed a crack.

Luckily i have the 350 in new tank still in box so changed the pre filter top or would have been a bit screwed , dont have a clue why cracked but hopefully can get replaced under warranty, anyone know oase warranty details etc ? I was literally thinking how well this filter has done and that happened.

Dean
fc4a9977202795d715099240df16d9ba.jpg

hopefully can get replaced under warranty, anyone know oase warranty details

Go to or contact wherever you bought it from first, they should then on your behalf contact Oase and get a replacement part/unit for you. Like all electrical goods in this country you have a 12 month warranty from date of purchase, you will need to prove either with a reciept or bank/card statement when you bought it.

I had the heater break in my Oase Biotherm 600, it was replaced FOC via the retailer.

Thanks mell i will contact aquarium gardens today.
Dean

@Deano3

Have you manged to get it sorted?
I was emailing oase and they said it will be covered but i was emailing oase canada so still on sorting as been busy this weekend.

Yeah must just be cheap plastic but hopefully they sort it just lucky i had a spare.

Will let you know how i get on.
Dean

Not imo anymore. The products I have bought seem cheaply made and often poorly designed. After hearing so much about them from YouTubers I was sorely disappointed when I bought their products.
Something to think about as l have a couple of APS 2000 external dont think l payed more than 70 quid . Never really let me down so if l do upgrade something to consider

Back