• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Should I be concerned? Best way to treat ?

Nathanh2150

Woke up this morning to find this on my newly established fish tank it only seems to be on one part of my bog wood. The bog wood was soaked for a couple of days to remove tanning also I have been doing daily water changes around 50% have had co2 going into the tank.
Any help and advice would be much appreciated

Attachments

• 32EE3084-AF3D-43BB-9B52-0A8BFC7D37E4.jpeg
    32EE3084-AF3D-43BB-9B52-0A8BFC7D37E4.jpeg
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 182
It's a natural maturation stage for most wood. It is harmless but you can syphon it out or scrub it off if you want. It will go away on its own in time.

It’ll get worse before it gets better but as stated, it will subside. Just siphon what you see and don’t scrub too hard, brush lightly with a toothbrush.

Thankyou I’m currently doing 50% water change on my tank as I am currently doing a new tank setup have been siphoning the stuff on the wood away I have only found it on one area so far which maybe a good thing but will keep an eye out and get as much out as soon as possible 🙂

Back