• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Should I use my autinic/blue PC's

LightHouse G

Seedling
here is my lighting set up and I was wonder if I should use autinic/blue PC's?

Lighting: (4) 96 watt PC ( only using two 10k/6500k ) the other two are blue/autinic are not on and I would like to use them because I like the look of my tank with them on. Will they cause an algea outbreak even if my EI method is correct?

Hi,
Yes will have an algae outbreak if you tank size is much less than about 150 gallons, and if your CO2 is sub-par. Same rule applies. 400 watts T5 is an awful lot of light, especially since you probably have reflectors, right? :wideyed:

Cheers,

yes there are reflectors and my Co2 seems to be spot on. Should I be thinking about bumping up the Co2/Ferts with the extra lights? or just leave it alone with the 192watts?

I know it's more light than nessesary but I got a really good deal with this fixture and I wanted a fixture that would cover the span of my tank.

Ummm...yeah, I think about bumping up my CO2 every day. It's a good practice to question your CO2 levels constantly. Being comfortable thinking that it's spot on normally leads to trouble because there is no way you can tell really. Just a 5-10% growth in the plants can cause a huge uptake demand that wasn't there previously while at the same time that extra growth can cause more flow blockage - and the plants will be that much closer to the light which further increases demand. So this is a triple whammy that is exacerbated by megawattage.

Cheers,

Back