should I visit 'The deep' in Hull?

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Chit-Chat' started by a1Matt, 6 Mar 2009.

1. a1Matt

a1Matt Member

should I visit 'The deep' in Hull? ( http://www.thedeep.co.uk/index.php )

I am in Hull on business on Tuesday, finishing at 11am, then I would usually just jump on a train and be home 4 hours later.

Am wondering whether to take a couple of hours out to visit this aquarium before heading home.

Has anyone on here been there?

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

I know John Starkey and Sam (Themuleous) went last year, after the UKAPS shin dig at TGM in April. Not sure if it was the one in Hull though.

3. john starkey

john starkey Member

Hi
    Sam and didnt visit the one in Hull,it was the blue planet in Chester,
    regards john.

4. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

I've been and it's nice but I was a bit disappointed. There's really only two main exhibits (a large reef, lagoon and reef drop-off exhibit and the huge central columnar tank with sharks and open water species in) and a large coldwater marine tank. Other than that there's a few other tanks and stuff but I was left feeling they could have put way more fish tanks in and a lot less information boards. My non-fish interested mate and his kid loved it though so not a bad few hours.

5. Superman

Superman Member

As Hull is my home city, I've been to the deep a few times. I think that it's worth a visit but cannot compare to any other places as I've never been!
    They used to do an evening event, so you could see with the lights on and then have a look around when they simulate the night.
    It's cheap enough to get in and takes a few hours to look round, there's a good educational part for kids.

6. a1Matt

a1Matt Member

Cheers for the replies guys. It doesn't sound like a must see, in which case I will see how I feel on the day. (Sometimes after a lot of travel I just want to head home as quick as possible, other times I get the urge to mooch around a bit!)