• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

**SHOW ME YOUR SHRIMPS**

And off course some cherries :)

pict0351v.jpg

pict0355.jpg

pict0082g.jpg

pict0085p.jpg

pict0088dq.jpg

pict0094ui.jpg

Yeah, very nice shrimp, but why maybe never crs again Paulo?

easerthegeezer said:
Nice pics paulo, the harlequins are amazing. Could you elaborate on what you found made them hard to keep?
Sulawesi need high PH, around 8-8.2 and hight temps around 26-27, also this particular type are really fussy about what they eat and was a struggle, they lasted for about 2 months, had much better success with Cardinals and would recommend those if you want to keep Sulawesi, didn't get to breed them but kept them for just over a year.

Ady34 said:
These are fussy shrimp also, you need to keep the PH low, etc... after spending over £400 on these shrimp I will not go back to them any time soon, I like something where I don't have to keep the parameters too controlled, don't need to use RO to keep them properly etc.. I rather stick to the species that do well with the water that comes out of the tap, easier for them and for me lol

There is some sound logic there! It's great that we live in an age where we've got so much control over our water, but it still takes a fair amount of effort to keep them stable! I wonder how long it'll be before our tanks are completely digitally controlled and self-contained?

Just out of curiosity, how did you go about purchasing sulwasi? I've never seen them available in the UK, did you get them from Germany?

Sentral said:
Just out of curiosity, how did you go about purchasing sulwasi? I've never seen them available in the UK, did you get them from Germany?
The Cardinals I kept in the past I found them at my local MA and just had to get them lol the Harlequins I got them from kesgrave.tropicals on ebay, if you PM them they can usually get them for you (not cheap though).

LondonDragon said:
easerthegeezer said:
Nice pics paulo, the harlequins are amazing. Could you elaborate on what you found made them hard to keep?
Sulawesi need high PH, around 8-8.2 and hight temps around 26-27, also this particular type are really fussy about what they eat and was a struggle, they lasted for about 2 months, had much better success with Cardinals and would recommend those if you want to keep Sulawesi, didn't get to breed them but kept them for just over a year.

Ady34 said:
These are fussy shrimp also, you need to keep the PH low, etc... after spending over £400 on these shrimp I will not go back to them any time soon, I like something where I don't have to keep the parameters too controlled, don't need to use RO to keep them properly etc.. I rather stick to the species that do well with the water that comes out of the tap, easier for them and for me lol

Any active soil will do the job for you with crystals :thumbup: no need for RO. They are much hardier from the time you had them. I find even high grades quite easy to keep to be honest ;)

Piece-of-fish said:
Any active soil will do the job for you with crystals :thumbup: no need for RO. They are much hardier from the time you had them. I find even high grades quite easy to keep to be honest ;)
I will probably keep some in the future, but they recommend you change the soil every 12months to keep the CRS stable, which in itself is a pain ;)

A rare moment with one of my CBS posing nicely for the camera. She's berried here, so a little heavier than normal:-

P1050344.jpg

No better than s+ but they are solid white and jet black, so I'm pleased with them. Looking for some good SSS to improve them.......

Ha I'd prefer S with solid colours to Wishy washy SSS grade any day.

My smiley faced one in my photo has gone very golden, And lost nearly all pigmentation. I can't understand why.

Possibly because I've dropped the TDS a bit, as water changes were not often enough and it was getting to be near 200. I try and maintain it around 170. Might even gradually move it to 150.

:)

Whitey89 said:
Ha I'd prefer S with solid colours to Wishy washy SSS grade any day.

My smiley faced one in my photo has gone very golden, And lost nearly all pigmentation. I can't understand why.

Possibly because I've dropped the TDS a bit, as water changes were not often enough and it was getting to be near 200. I try and maintain it around 170. Might even gradually move it to 150.

:)

Mine lose a little colour after a moult, but restores pretty quickly afterwards. All of my shrimp improve in colour when eating fresh baby nettle leaves!! Make sense of that!

Back