• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
This is the new set up for the taiwan/prl hybrids.
puvu7uva.jpg

e3avavyr.jpg

azuzadu3.jpg

7e6a5a4a.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• puvu7uva.jpg
    puvu7uva.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,066
  • azuzadu3.jpg
    azuzadu3.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 128
  • e3avavyr.jpg
    e3avavyr.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 7e6a5a4a.jpg
    7e6a5a4a.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 126
Thanks, it's got a bit of everything in it! I got new wood for the new tank so this was all leftovers. I'm actually quite pleased how it turned out but looking forward to everything growing in.

4etejamy.jpg
thought I would dig this thread up again even though its clearly not 2013 any longer

15292734299_7a9d2e2c56_o.jpgRCS by AWB70, on Flickr

My 5Gall RCS tank. I know, with the benefit of hind sight I shouldn't have used a red coloured gravel. It wasn't a planned tank I just had some cat litter and all the hardware lying about and thought I'd knock something together to experiment with shrimp. When numbers get too high I put some in my main tank but I have a female Krib in there from a previous set up which is partial. Doesn't' get them all though, just before lights off I see four or five starting to make their way out from cover. :(

When the Krib dies I was hoping to get all (best I can anyway) the RCS into the main tank and try another variety of shrimp in this one, probably CRS. Or, I may strip this down and use the hardware on an Aqua-one cube I was given with some proper dark shrimp substrate in. Before that I was planning to carpet some plants which should show up the shrimp better but this setup is on my office desk and I rarely get to work on it with being away on site most of the time.

Once a week a 40% water change with de-chlo tapwater, very soft at source in fact no measurable hardness. Co2 through diffuser with FE about 1bps and pps-pro dosed whenever I feel like it :D I could probably do nothing with this tank and it would look the same. I do it just to feel like I'm involved in some way. :facepalm:

15479853575_f425515fdf_o.jpgRCS Fts by AWB70, on Flickr

Full tank shot, ultimately better than staring at a spread sheet or a cliché motivational poster.

Last edited:
Back