• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Show Your Pets

even though this is a fish tank forum dogs are easily the best pets! tanks are cool but they don't have your back like a dog haha

DSCF6264.jpg

he's a patterdale terrier, scared of nothing, does what he wants, has a bad temper, pretty much like me but a dog and black haha. Nothing can break our bond.

image_3-jpe.83054.jpg
This is one breed I used to make any excuse not to have come into my grooming salon. The Patterdale cross I did a couple of times a year was bad enough, it just barked constantly, but other pure Patterdales that darkened my door were vicious little gits. No bite inhibition at all!

He, he, Zozo. I think they are discussing your fish tanks......

Dark cat: "Which fish tank is your favourite?"
Ginger cat: " If you leave me alone, I'll fetch you a fish dinner"
Haha something like that, they spend much time there.. But in reality it's a more like an attention disorder.. Since i have 3 tanks now i need to devide the daily attention i give over 3 tanks and 2 cats. I try my best but still they feel kinda neglected and just solve their problem like that.. The positive side is the fish got used to them hanging and moving around close to the tank lots of time a day they became less scitish. :)

The positive side is the fish got used to them hanging and moving around close to the tank lots of time a day they became less scitish.

A few years back my clown loaches used to be so skittish they'd hide if I am any near the tank. Yet, my dog used to sit next to the fish tank and lick the glass and the clowns took no notice of it whatsoever,

What cats talk in our absence:

Yeah that one is hilarious.. :lol:.. Know the original and i few others, this one i didn't see yet. Thansk for sharing.

A few years back my clown loaches used to be so skittish they'd hide if I am any near the tank. Yet, my dog used to sit next to the fish tank and lick the glass and the clowns took no notice of it whatsoever,

What cats talk in our absence:

Hi Sciencefiction Thank you for posting that video :thumbup: Made my day I was giggling to the end :joyful:

This is one breed I used to make any excuse not to have come into my grooming salon. The Patterdale cross I did a couple of times a year was bad enough, it just barked constantly, but other pure Patterdales that darkened my door were vicious little gits. No bite inhibition at all!

I have come across friendly ones but a lot of them are like my ralph! Great companion though :)

My mate Poppy, was actually my daughters rabbit but she became a teenager and I took "her",on as a going concern. It's a him actually but that's our little secret ;)

28330667875_9f23431450_k.jpgpop3 by AWB70, on Flickr

28252327971_032513ff51_z.jpgpop2 by AWB70, on Flickr

Rabbits make great pets but too many spend their lives in horrendous conditions, I think the all to common 'tiny rabbit hutches' should be banned from sale!
Yours looks well loved and happy though :)

Last edited:
Yes rabbits are fun and they are playfull rascals.. I had chicken for a long time running loos in the garden (those little Japanese Chabo's). And had 2 rabbits for a few weeks staying over from a friend who was on vacataion.. Had those rabbits running loose together with the chickens and it was realy a laugh to watch.. Sometimes the rabbits got naughty and started harassing the chickens and charge them with fake attacks to spook them. It was realy like they were having just fun with doing that.

One day all 13 of them were stolen by a fox in 3 days time.. Probably a desperate mother with cups, always found a way into the chicken shed before i found the breach and she took 'm all. Well it's a cirkle of nature, at one time i had so many i was making a lot of chicken soup myself.. So why not the fox, they ended up serving a good cause, feeding litle fox cup bellies... :) Never took any chicken again after that..

Here is papa Chabo with his son.. :)
DSCN4625.jpg

Rabbits make great pets but too many spend their lives in horrendous conditions, I think the all to common 'tiny rabbit hutches' should be banned from sale!
Yours looks well loved and happy though :)

Yeah, I've seen many in lets say less than favourable conditions! Not this one though, he lives the life of Riley. It was one of those "free" rabbits that ended up costing circa £1200.00. Someone got it to put with an existing rabbit not realising unless they were brought up together they will fight or you need to introduce them to each other very gradually. Bought a hutch and all the other bits and bobs but I'm not a big fan off seeing them in cages so tried to let it out and about in the garden, my fence had gaps between the uprights which looked like there was no chance the rabbit would fit through but somehow it did! He's mainly fur so looks bigger than he actually is. Anyway, several failed escape attempts later in which I was extremely lucky by it running into dead ends in other peoples gardens and me catching it I put a new fence round the garden for it with stone faces and panels with no gaps so it has freedom of the garden.

Only issue I have is its partial to my rose leaves. I've started getting holes in the leaves this year which reading up I suspect may be some type of bug but I don't want to spray them with anything in case the rabbit ingests it.

Good on you mate :)

Then it shows its gratitude by waiting until I'm busy doing a water change on my tank yesterday and digging a hole in my flower beds to lie in, I think it tries to get some cool mud on hot days. Now I'll have to sort that out before my missus gets home and wants to put it in a pan for me not keeping an eye on it :D

28286902601_f6a1f2c8f7_k.jpgIMG_20160716_142716 by AWB70, on Flickr

Back