• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Show Your Pets

I've owned staffs and bull terriers and mixtures of the two. Back in the ninetys these breeds much like bit bulls attracted so much bad attention which was totally unfair. Imo they are extremely loving and gentle dogs. Here's Hugo my current dog in his prime, 35 kilos of devil dog and miley the staffy loving my daughter.

View attachment 185794
Yep it's too bad they get the bad rap. It all has to do with how they are raised. And love the pic a couple of great looking dogs there.

Here's a change from those gorgeous dogs.....my little guinea pig! Provided with copious quantities of hay & greens she quite happily produces endless free root tabs! 😂
As well as her we have two aquariums, three pond fish, five rabbits and six cats!

Attachments

• IMG_20220331_100235.jpg
    IMG_20220331_100235.jpg
    879.7 KB · Views: 181
Only pet I got are these. Great thing is that you don't need to take care of them. They come and go from and to the house as they wish. They also eat mosquitos and flies.
Shutterstock_10026565a.jpg

Occasionally we get the visit of a distant relative. They roam all around the neighborhood. He is very loud and could bite if you feel like teasing him.
Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 12.07.12.jpg

They are loving creatures though.

Last edited:
Guinea pig's furious now....stamping round her cage muttering "Who you callin' a hamster? Just 'cos I ain't got no tail to wag! Grrr!"
Just to make the dog lovers happy there's a miniature schnauzer & a collie/labrador cross living with other family members! 😂

I kept a Guinea pig when I was young, she was called Jenny and later Jennapig.
That was about 50 years ago but I can still remember her funny squeaks and darting movements but she was never a creature that enjoyed a cuddle.
Do any Guinea pigs share affection with their human carers?

I had male gp a very long time ago who liked nothing more than a lap to sleep on & was allowed free run in the house during the evening. He'd trot from the living room to the kitchen for a couple if slices of fruit!
This little girl is quite communicative, getting excited when food is offered & is happy to be held but is bit of a fidget!

Do any Guinea pigs share affection with their human carers?

I asked my daughters they have two of them. And say that they come for them to be pet but besides that don't seem to care much for their caretakers.
There is a documentary on netflix about them. 'Schlaue meerschweinchen' that says they are pretty social animals.

Here is one of my ‘long gone‘ pets, my crow called Edgar who I found on the ground when I was 14 years old, about 48 years ago now!
My sister said that was going through my no hair washing phase…..
E4085ADE-FD44-4E3A-9D0A-00B839D731C1.jpeg

Haven't posted a photo of my little one for a while, for the new members this is Pixie the Portuguese Podengo and she is getting closer to 15 years old :)

20220418_132112.jpg

Photo taken on Monday while enjoying a bit of sunshine during the Bank Holiday!! She is the same age as UKAPS! ;)

Yesterday we went and got a new puppy :) same breed, Portuguese Podengo from Plushcourt :)

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 11.17.06 AM.jpeg

3 month old called Mimi :)

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-22 at 12.54.10 PM.jpeg

Looks like I will be busy for a while now! lol

Back