• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shred

Gill

So this afternoon in preparation for the new Inhabitants coming this weekend (fingers crossed they arrive).
I decided to make a pico for them.
The tank is the Base of an Old Paper Shredder.
Used a Page from a Scrap book for the background.
Then simply added some sand and the Plants from Daphnia Petite.
I need to add some more plants - PAH in the morning for some HC and Hydrclyte.
So far it has a few endler Fry and the Mums while they Drop.
As Long as they arrive, this will house a few Thai Micro Crabs and Cherry Shrimp.

Shred-ThaiMicroCrabs002.jpg

Shred-ThaiMicroCrabs005.jpg

rawr said:
Interesting concept - are you running a filter on this?

Thanks, Yeah there will be a small Air Driven Filter. Just need to Build it. Will be made from an Actimel Bottle or some clear Pipe, If I find some in the Garage. I think I may have an old Gravel Vacuum, so may use that

Nice one, how exactly do you make a filter like that? Would be a nice tutorial of some sort.

rawr said:
Nice one, how exactly do you make a filter like that? Would be a nice tutorial of some sort.

Okey dokey, will do one for you guys. don't expect anything fancy, will be a ghetto build with what i have to hand.

Also just discovered that Super Glue is aquarium safe, is a real life saver, so may use that.

So Got Back from Grans just now and the Tank has really Bowed Alot.
So this is scrap, guess not strong enough.

Will Transfer to another Cube and Start again.

Abonded the Little Filter Idea as remembered i have a Pico Size Sponge filter (came with another Tank). So will use that.
For those who wanted to see a DIY sponge Filter, I found a few links.

Using Old Fish Food Pot
http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/management/Davies_Sponge_Filter.html

Using a Small Powerhead
http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/diy-filter/19.asp

http://www.petfish.net/articles/Do-It-Yourself/sponge_filter.php

Crabs did not come in, might arrive next weekend. Oh Well at least i will be getting the endlers and cherries tommorrow.

Oh Yeah, BAd Luck continuing with this one. Went into the garage to get a cube and found both the ones i was going to use Cracked. Looks like dad had moved them to another shelf and banged them when moving.

So for now everything is in a 2.5G Wilko Plastic Bowl, that i had daphnia in. Will go to the Car Boot in the morning and see if there are any tanks on sale. If none then will grab another 3G kit from B+M Bargains.

Oh and On a Side note: All of my Daphnia Barrells Survived the Snow and Ice, All are thriving

So the bad luck got worse with this one.
Went and Got the Endlers - Decided to Get a Mix of Red and Yellow Tiger Endlers. And Some adorable Pygmy Puffers.
Cherry Shrimp were not ready so will get them another day.

Some Scrote Scratched Dad's Car so he will not be happy when I break the news to him.
Went to Ricoh Tesco to do some shopping and the Cash Machine Ate my Card, Effing Machine turned itself Off while i was entering the Pin. So had to order another Card, So I am now making the wife a Valentines Gift. Good thing i had some change to get her some flowers and a Card with.

Dumped everything into a 3G tank for now. Will Wait for plants to arrive and then start again.

Back