• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Ghetto - Nano Shrimp & Snail Tank 14l

Re: Green Ghetto - Nano Shrimp & Snail Tank 14l

Water change, so thought I would do do update pics.

P1000852-1.jpg

P1000853-1.jpg

P1000854-1.jpg

P1000855-1.jpg

P1000857-1.jpg

P1000858-1.jpg

I now have 3 berried shrimp :D , sad news on adding some plants I lifted a catappa leaf to reveal a dead shrimp, originally thought it was shed skin, but closer inspection revealed it wasnt, but was very white like skin, but did have yellow. Dont know what would have killed it, would never have found it if I didnt move the catappa leaf. :( , did look to be a male though.

Sad news mate, could be any amount of reasons why. Could be a bad moult or an air pocket releasing a tiny amount of ammonia.

On the other hand, I like what you've achieved here. A fantastic little shrimp haven. Good luck with the future of this tank.

Whitey89 said:
Sad news mate, could be any amount of reasons why. Could be a bad moult or an air pocket releasing a tiny amount of ammonia.

On the other hand, I like what you've achieved here. A fantastic little shrimp haven. Good luck with the future of this tank.

Thanks mate, its looking better day by day with growth, a little jungle, I added some Pelia in the area where the cattapa leaf is, hence having to move it, but i hope its the last one lost, shrinp that is. Its strange as recently the activeness of the shrimp is stunning, they are constantly swimming all over the tank, just for fun or exercise it seems are constanlyy searching for food, but some look like they are just having fun, lol swimming round and round in circles up and down. The leaf is nearly 3 weeks old now and is disintegrating, wonder if its related? I want to leave it in as with the 3 berried shrimp, the leaf would have been a good food source I would have thought for baby shrimp (biofilm), but I do have more leaves I could put in.

It definitely wont be related to the catappa mate. I used to leave them till they were completely gone with Just a stem left. :)

Baby shrimp love them. When you have some babies, turn lights off and shine a torch on the leaf.

Bet it will be swarming with them :p

Whitey89 said:
It definitely wont be related to the catappa mate. I used to leave them till they were completely gone with Just a stem left. :)

Baby shrimp love them. When you have some babies, turn lights off and shine a torch on the leaf.

Bet it will be swarming with them :p

Cool, well, this is prob my most stable tank, my 25l which I have been posting about recently about all sorts due to loss of Pygmy Corys etc etc. This is currently the most heavily planted tank at the min, and is doing well. range of mosses now and a selection of low tech plants, i need to get some updated pics, added some more anubias petite, needle leaf java fern, and now the pelia.

Only issue so far is :

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22501

What i think is algae, same time, fissedens is such a slow grower, algae hitting it is no surprise. I mean damn slow :lol:, my nails grow faster IMO.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=22757

Now I havent had any issues with Algae for a good two month until recently. I am getting BBA on my Anubias. Have reduced lighting from 8-9hrs down to 5-6hrs.

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

Thread asking about it

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22686

Started dosing Easycarbo and moving filter to improve flow, but think I need something flow wise permanant. Am tempted to remove anubias for direct easy carbo treatement. :?:

4 baby shrimp spotted yesterday, wow, tiny, now I see why they are easy fish food.

3 more berried shrimp to go. And the one given birth looks ready to go again now it seems. :wideyed: The saddle looks full already :thumbup:

I have some update pics, but got a old DSLR which I havent figured out how to use 100% outside of auto mode.

Hopefully once I do figure it out I can take some pics.

Just a update outside of pics, things growing well, Crypts and Moss are flying, thinking of adding more ferns maybe, but its pretty packed already.

Back