• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Id please.

Adumlee

I've recently added some Amano shrimp but it looks to me like I have a neocaridina mixed in could anyone confirm please (I've never kept amanos before but had neocaridina) many thanks

Attachments

• 20221025_192858.jpg
    20221025_192858.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 205
I don’t have great eyes and you can’t really see the side of the shrimp in ur pic but I get a bit of variation in mine.

This one you can see an obvious pale top stripe.
BD25DF44-A1F4-4D5B-8D9D-79882FB1019E.jpeg

This one not really at all
8BDC58A8-1A31-4779-B434-01AA096B162B.jpeg

And IME colour can change with feeding/tank conditions also.

I’m not a shrimp expert by any means but the side markings are usually fairly unmistakable.

If they steal all the food and face off to the fish….and win….that’ll be Amano’s. 😂

Looks like a brown/wild type neocaridina
I think it might be a mix between different colors of cherry shrimp, but could be a more "natural" wild type as well. I have some that looks quite similar in my tank (including with the pale stripe) - and I swear I never bought that particular color, so it must have happened when the light was off...💞 o_O Anyway, I love them just as much as the brightly colored ones :)

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
I'm confident some are neocaridina, I've taken this image, I'm unsure on this one could it be a young male amano or a low grade cherry? ( excuse the ignorance I've never kept amano shrimp before ) I've also added some orange rilli shrimp sp would like to remove the poor grade neos. Thanks for reading.
20221028_223511.jpg

Back