• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp lovers in Southampton....Cardinal shrimp £5 for 2...

oatfish

I was in Maidenhead Southampton today and they had some of the Cardinal Sulawesi shrimps for £5 for 2! Yep you saw that right, they were labelled with some other name but are unmistakeable and looked great, my eyes nearly fell out me head when I saw the price too, the guy selling didn't know much about them.
I would have had some (well, all of them!) but all my tanks are soft water and these guys need hard warm water (or so I have heard/read) :D

Yeah, I am gutted, I have just got rid of some tanks to save some money (and make some room!) The temptation to set one up especially is big but I MUST RESIST :twisted:
I just hope they go to someone who knows what to do with them!

lol, you're not helping! Besides I am time poor at the mo and I would be very worried about spending the money and them all dying due to lack of time. :oops:

sorry :lol: .i'm money poor at the moment :lol:otherwise i'd have a tank set up in a jiffy
neil

Problem is the shop is 45 mins away from me! I popped in on the way back from a work conference and I am away all weekend and then have to go to work all next week (no more conference trips) otherwise I'd consider it, I think I mentioned I am time poor! Sorry Paulo :(
I'm around the following weekend tho, although who knows if they'll still be there. I'll keep you posted if am able to get over there again, unless they get bought 1st.

oatfish said:
Problem is the shop is 45 mins away from me! I popped in on the way back from a work conference and I am away all weekend and then have to go to work all next week (no more conference trips) otherwise I'd consider it, sorry Paulo :(
Was worth a shot ;) been after another batch of these for a while now and now that I got my shrimp tank sorted wanted to try them again, cheers ;)

It's always the way, the best deals too far away! What amazed me was the guy was just "oh yeah, we got some other shrimp", and knew nothing about them.... i guess otherwise they would have been their normal price....

What the h.....
That is cheaper than uyour average cherry shrimp!
That is well worth traveling for!
Id also say name your price :D
How does £5 per shrimp and postage payed sound if you can nab some :p

What amazed me was the guy was just "oh yeah, we got some other shrimp", and knew nothing about them.... i guess otherwise they would have been their normal price....

I think they'll have just been ordered at a good price, maybe as part of a bulk special order. They'll still probably have a decent markup - ain't going to be selling them at a loss!

Yeah, of course, they do have a lot of shrimp in, CRS, CBS, bumblebee, red nosed plus orange and green variations of the cherry (I think) etc. plus others. I guess they just come as one lot!

oatfish said:
... they do have a lot of shrimp in, CRS, CBS, bumblebee, red nosed plus orange and green variations of the cherry (I think) etc. plus others...
So... a meet up in Southampton this weekend then ;)

*Shame I'm in Cornwall/Devon this weekend*

LOL! Paulo, the main reason I am concerned about picking some up to post to people is the risk involved, ie I buy some and they die whilst in my care. When you had some last how easy were they to keep from the off? I am happy to set up a holding tank (I have spare tanks/heaters/even a fully mature sponge filter ready) but do you also know what their survival rate is via posting? I can't really afford to loose money!! (who can :lol: )
Also there seems to be some debate about the required water parameters, i.e what temp they should be kept at. Any advice? When I spoke to them yesterday they said they were keen to stock more shrimps so there may be more after this lot.

LondonDragon said:
Egmel said:
*Shame I'm in Cornwall/Devon this weekend*
Don't forget my cardinals then haha I want 10!! :p
Unfortunately since I'm going on the train I wont be able to 'pop' in on the way back :lol:

If I didn't have a full weekend already I would be tempted to drive there myself and get some (and it is 2 hours each way for me :wideyed: )

Heather - Can you recall what they had them labelled up as? I am not expecting them to be there still next weekend, but at least (if I am free, and not put off by the drive) I can phone up to check.

Back