• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp lovers in Southampton....Cardinal shrimp £5 for 2...

They were labelled as "matano" shrimp, best call 1st and describe them by their looks to make sure!

We unexpectedly came back early yesterday so I had some time to get the Cardinal shrimps, so after spending all of one nano second deciding whether or not to get them I drove to the shop and picked up the last 10 that they had. (I feel bad for advertising them then getting them myself - sorry a1matt, but I doubt they would have still been there next week :oops: ) I would have bought more for you guys but there were only 10 left :( However as they were the last 10 he let me have them for £18 for the 10 :wideyed:
They also had lots of Sulawesi snails in too - and they did not seem to be selling (basically there were loads of different species of them) so I picked up two "mini orange rabbit snails" - black shell with yellow body, about 1 cm long to go in with the cardinals. They had lots of dead snails as well unfortuately, I guess they did not like the shop parameters at all (more about the shop parameters in the new topic!). I was thinking of buying a lot for you guys BUT the high death rates in the shop tanks put me off, so I just picked up 2 to start with to see how they do.
I have started a Cardinal "journal"/discussion topic now as now doubt I will need lots of advice on keeping them and IF of course they breed you lot get 1st dibs but I am not wishing too far ahead as I know these can be tricky!
:D

oatfish said:
We unexpectedly came back early yesterday so I had some time to get the Cardinal shrimps, so after spending all of one nano second deciding whether or not to get them I drove to the shop and picked up the last 10 that they had. (I feel bad for advertising them then getting them myself - sorry a1matt, but I doubt they would have still been there next week :oops: ) I would have bought more for you guys but there were only 10 left :( However as they were the last 10 he let me have them for £18 for the 10 :wideyed:

:lol:

nice one!

Lol, yeah who wouldn't! :lol: I hope someone else was able to make use of the heads up though and got some to breed too.
We were coming back in the car and I was "drive faster I need to get to the shop!!
I was thinking, I have a spare tank, a seeded sponge filter, algae covered rocks, spare heater EVERYTHING and it was a red rag to a bull.... just really hope I can do them justice!

oatfish said:
(I feel bad for advertising them then getting them myself - sorry a1matt, but I doubt they would have still been there next week :oops: )
oatfish said:
lol, keep those happy shrimp vibes coming....
Don't feel bad :D I am really happy for you. Your shrimps should be starting to feel the emanations of my transcendental meditative blessings around now :lol:
oatfish said:
....and IF of course they breed you lot get 1st dibs...
Yippeee! I am quite new to shrimps and got some caradina babaulti sp (green) and some snowballs last month. Not as popular as the crystals or sulawesis but both beautiful species in my eyes. I am seeing lots of eggs already, so heres to hoping we will be swapping shrimp in the future :D I am going to watch your new thread with interest....

Back