• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp & Myxazin

stu_

Hi
Need to dose for an internal bacteria problem and was going to use Myxazin,the tank also contains Amano's & Cherry shrimp
Bottle states that it's safe for filters & fish, but no mention of shrimp.
Info online seems a bit sparse.
Active ingredients are Formaldehyde, Malachite Green & Acriflavine Hydrochloride.
Anyone ?

Thanks

When I had an illness in my tank, I halved the dose with shrimp. These were ghost shrimp though so probably a bit hardier than your shrimp. I think Malachite Green is OK but Methylene Blue is a death sentence!;) I don't see any mention of copper products there so you should be fine. I would still definitely half the dose though!:)

Malachite is copper carbonate based. Mind change your mind.
Thanks.This is sort of what i was trying to find out.
However, is Malachite the mineral anything to do with Malachite Green ? According to Wiki, the font of all knowledge :D, they're related in name only.
Wish i'd paid more attention in Chemistry...

For the record, if anyone's interested.
After dosing for 5 days, half strength,the fish have improved, and no shrimp deaths, including the shrimplets i saw for the first time this morning.

Back