• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Rack build.....

Cool mate, how many you KK did you get? I was considering the Extreme variety. :crazy:

Well, I started out wanting 4........almost ordered 10 last night after a few beers, but managed to resist and settled on ordering 4 today. If they survive ok, then I'll be back for more. Possibly upgrading to some of the C-Sky variants if all is well after a few weeks.

The C Sky KK extreme and Blue Bolts are stunning! Undoubtably an exciting time for us shrimpers with so many new variants coming through.

Well, I started out wanting 4........almost ordered 10 last night after a few beers, but managed to resist and settled on ordering 4 today. If they survive ok, then I'll be back for more. Possibly upgrading to some of the C-Sky variants if all is well after a few weeks.

The C Sky KK extreme and Blue Bolts are stunning! Undoubtably an exciting time for us shrimpers with so many new variants coming through.

Indeed mate, they are amazing!
The things you do witha few beers in you!

Imagine seeing your card statement :Sharnbrook shrimp - £349.90 :lol:

I'd love to have some more exotic shrimp but don't think I could cope if they all died after spending so much money!

King Kongs are now in and seem to be settled. Seen a few full moults in the tank, so fingers crossed! :happy:

IMG_1301_zps8a397c28.jpg

IMG_1299_zpsafe98ef4.jpg

IMG_1296_zpse2afa35e.jpg

The other tanks coming along nicely too. Had a random death last week of a sub adult hybrid......not really sure why though:-

IMG_1303_zps644109f2.jpg

IMG_1302_zps26cbfc5d.jpg

The tank with the King Kongs in needs poplating a little more, so will be buying some Blue Bolts and other taiwans as soon as my bank balance can handle it!!

I was quite nervous about the King Kongs as they went into one of the tanks that had the dodgy gravel in and wiped out the other shrimp.

Looking good! Those KK's are stunning... I'd love to move on to TB's but I'm still at the RCS/CRS stage! I wouldn't trust myself at the moment...

Any chance of posting pics of the racks and tanks again?

Ta :thumbup:

Looking good! Those KK's are stunning... I'd love to move on to TB's but I'm still at the RCS/CRS stage! I wouldn't trust myself at the moment...

Any chance of posting pics of the racks and tanks again?

Ta :thumbup:

Sorry, I've not been that active on the forum recently and only just picked up on this. I'll get the images attached again, seems they were removed after I cleared up my photobucket library. Got some new shrimp in the rack to, so I'll get these added as well.

would love to see pics of shrimp rack and setup get them working again :)

Old images now added back in. Sorry about that, I must have cleared out photobucket and not realised. :oops:

Some new livestock in to play with. Some new King Kongs and a very special Green Hulk along with some very sweet PRL's. These were all from a UK breeder and have settled very well.

hulky_zps562d8131.jpg

prl1_zps2dc8bd59.jpg

Tanks all full and I'm now planning rack no 2 for the autumn. I'm going to have to give up fly fishing at this rate.......spend all my time maintaining tanks, looking at my tanks, or reading about shrimps! Great stuff though.

Hi Lindy - yes, it's likely the same rock. There are a couple of brands available, but it's essentially the same Montmorillonite base mineral rock. Not to be confused with food / calcium blocks.

How are your offspring coming along?

Hi Mike, I have an awful lot of babies! Some of the lower grades have just gone to a local ukaps member. My husband has just agreed to a 30cm cube optiwhite so I'm trying to decide whether to take the shrimp out of the planted tank with the co2 and put them in the cube with just moss and ferns. It would mean I could leave them alone more. That or the puffers get a new tank...
I think I might get some of that rock.

Cheers, Lindy

Looking great Mike. I'd love a similar setup.
Might be looking to purchase some of the more exotic breeds of bee shrimp soon Too.

I see the last post was a while back so an update would be nice to see if possible :)

All the best,
N

Hi Nath - sorry not been on for a while. That's the downside to having a multiple tank set up.......maintenance!

I'll get some updates posted at the weekend......lots of babies knocking around just now :)

Back